II 02: F I G H T

02

F I G H T

❝𝗪𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗶𝗺𝗽𝗹𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗟𝗲𝘃𝗶?❞

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ᵗʰⁱʳᵈ ᵖᵒᵛ

"Silence! Order in the court!" Yelled the judge, silencing the people present in the building.

"May I call on the witness for this hearing" they called, and a person walked into the podium.

They were said to pledge the truth. And the lawyer asked, "What is your name, and relationship with the plaintiff?"

They cleared his throat and said, "My name's Levi Ackerman. She was my acquaintance a year ago, but she's my girlfriend as of now" He clearly said, having no emotions shown.

"His girlfriend? What if he's bias?"

"Yeah, that's dumb"

"But no matter the situation, I shall only speak the truth, no matter my relationship with Ms. L/n. I had pledged to say the truth, and truth only" He said in so much confidence, even y/n herself was surprised.

They cleared their throat, "It's settled then. How can you testify that this book," They pointed at it, "Is really from Ms. L/N, as stated here?"

"I can rest assure you, that it is truly hers. We had a misunderstanding a year ago and out of rejection and sadness, she wrote this book. If you had read it, you'll see the genre fits well"

"Hm. I had skimmed over to it, and it seems that way. What can you say about this?" They looked over to Eren's witness, causing him to stand up.

"He had briefly explain this to me a week before, he did not, or had any contact or communication with this woman, until now"

The crowd gasped. So this lady, Ms. L/n was trying to steal? From a famous author?

"Mr. Ackerman, As you heard, Mr. Yeager clearly states he did not have any form of communication with her or with you. Could it be some small misunderstanding and just the same book? Have you thoroughly checked?" They looked at him, their glare matching his.

"It is not a misunderstanding. He, Eren Yeager helped my girlfriend in making and volunteering on publishing it. She trusted him" Levi voiced, anger seeping out, trying hard to contain.

"You see? She trusted him. Easy for you to say, but can we trust you?" They fixed his glasses, straightening the paper he was holding.

Y/n could see his fists clenching, she could probably hear his breathing if it wasn't for the chattering crowd.

~

The hearing went on for a few hours, each questions unveiling the truth one by one.

"Silence! Did you know, Ms. L/n, that you can get jailed for an accusation and attempted stealing?"

The crowd once again gasped. Her faced paled, hands becoming cold and more beads of sweat forming on her forehead. She couldn't get jailed, she was fighting for the truth, why her?

Continuous chatter bloomed among the crowd until a voice rang out, "Mr. Yeager states that she couldn't go to jail"

"And why is that?"

"He said that let this be a lesson to her and her friends. Let this slide for now" Eren then winked and blew a kiss to y/n which did not go unnoticed by Levi.

The judge whispered something under his breath, "Well then. Again, let this be a lesson for all of you. Good thing to you," He looked at Y/n, "Mr. Yeager here has a good heart"

~

"Good heart my ass"

"Now what Levi? I guess we lost" y/n sat down on a nearby gutter, and rested her head on her hands, trying so hard not to cry.

"Hey, don't cry, I'm still here to help you, Hanji, Erwin......even Petra" He said the last part quietly, but y/n could hear him.

"Yeah, I guess. I'm still not giving up. I just need more proof" Y/n thought, looking for Levi for extra advice.

"We could, but haven't you heard? The hearing went in the television, most people would have seen it, probably Yeager's Fans or something" Levi looked at her, grabbing his phone.

"What's that got to do with anything? Of course it would go on the television, it's a hearing Levi"

"What I meant is you filed a lawsuit against him, a ordinary lady, accusing him of plagiarism, to a famous author?"

"What are you implying Levi?" She asked, looking at him now, intrigued.

"Nothing. I just thought you could have looked for more proof rather go court immediately"

"But we did! We had what we need, but we still damned lost!" Y/n slightly clenching her fists.

"We did, but not enough"

"Could you please stop for a moment and let me think?"

"Now you're thinking" Levi retorted, leaning back.

"What the fuck is wrong with you Levi? You were fine at the court" She looked at him again, but now with anger and confusion.

"I had to act fine because I wouldn't want to spout bad words in front of the judge"

Y/n couldn't believe this. This could be a misunderstanding, but the way Levi said those words, made her think that she was wrong for all of this.

"I- I need to go" Y/n stood up, and dusted her pants, kissing his cheeks and waving him off. "I'll see you tomorrow" she said, before leaving.

"What did I just do?"

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Hi.

PLEASE NOTE THAT I WAS 13 ATM WHEN I WROTE THIS. PLEASE EXCUSE IT, SINCE I DO NOT KNOW HOW TRIALS WORK BEFORE, AND I'VE ONLY RELIED ON YT VIDEOS. BUT OFC, I'LL EDIT THIS WHEN THE TIME COMES!

Sorry for not updating !! School has been stressful lately and I'm obsessed with genshin.

That being said, I'm sorry for any mistakes I made, I've only watched some court/hearing scene so feel free to correct !!

Really sorry for the slow updates !! Tysm for 19.7k reads, I love you all sm!