Baby Yoda

—Later that Night—

"Okay. Name 2 quotes from chapter 8 that project power. Go !"

"I don't know"

"You do"

"No" I snatch the flash card from Jungkooks hand. "I don't"

"Come on V you're not even trying"

"Jungkook this is pointless, the flash cards don't help me—."

"Because you're not memorising them" he snatches the card back before shuffling them all. "So let's try this again"

Falling backwards I sink into the pillows on the boys bed, groaning when he tugs me back up. "Ugh leave me beeee"

 "Ugh leave me beeee"

"No V. I said I was gonna help you study"

"Why do you even care ?"

The way he suddenly looks at me is strange, almost like there is a hint of sadness in those doe eyes. Or maybe it was worry, I'm not quite sure but I don't like it.

"Kooks ?"

"You hold your self back V" he admits, eyes no longer looking at mine. "You could pass every test easily if you just put in the effort, but you don't and just continue to let your teachers call you dumb"

"Jungkook you don't have to worry about how I do in class, it's not your responsibility—."

"I do have to worry V" he interrupts, suddenly scutching forward on the bed before he takes my hands into his. "Because if you fail this semester, they'll kick you off the course and I need you at school. God knows how I'd get through my day without our conversations, without hugging you before and after class—."

"Jungkook—."

"You're smart V" he looks deeper into my eyes. "So let's prove it to them"

Suddenly my lips curve upwards, and I let out an accidental laugh. "What are you ? Martin Luther king or something ?"

He smiles and looks down.

"Seriously that was some speech" I tease.

"Okay fine make fun of me, but will you please just study now ? For me ?"

"Fine" I give in. "Show me the flash cards again nerd" I nod, smiling when he gets all exited and shuffles the cards around again. Despite my teasing him before, he's actually made me think more about my self, my education, my potential. It's degrading when a teacher expects you to fail, predicts you never know the answer to a question. I never admit this to Jungkook, but I hate going into class now, because i always leave feeling like a failure.