Hope

—Later that night—

"So how did he handle it ?"

"Better then I expected" I admit. Mrs Kim hands me the mug of hot coffee before sitting with me on the living room couch. Taehyung left after dinner to go see Jimin, so me and his mom decided to use the time to have a chat and gossip.

"Well that's good right ?"

"Yeah it is. Just kind of sucks that it's not his"

"I know dear, but Jungkooks a sweet boy, I'm sure he'll still be there to support you"

"See the thing is, I'm worried he lied to me, I don't think he's okay about all of this. He hasn't answered any of my texts since we got back from the hospital"

"You worry too much my love" the woman smiles before patting my thigh. "Listen. Babies are a complicated situation. But you my dear, are a fighter, I've seen you overcome problems much bigger then this"

"Thanks" I lightly smile before taking a sip of coffee, and that's when the door bell rings. Mrs Kim goes to get up until I stop her. "No I'll get it; you just find us something good to watch on tv"

"On it" the woman clicks her fingers before grabbing the tv remote. God I love that woman.

I reach the front door before opening it, my entire body stiffening when I see Jungkook standing out in the pouring rain, his bangs dripping with water, chest raising up and down.

"Oh my god did you run here ? Your house is like 5 miles away"

"I came from the toy store" he pants before holding out a tiny teddy bear. Not the toys I'm used to seeing but okay..

 Not the toys I'm used to seeing but okay

"If Kai gets to be the baby's dad—." He forces the teddy bear into my hand. "Then I'll be the best uncle in the world"

"Kooks—."

"I lied before V. It kills me knowing I'm not the dad. Knowing that child will be part you, but nothing to do with me, I can't bare the thought. But it's okay. Because I'm still gonna be part of its life and I'll love it with all of my heart"

"Jungkook you're so sweet, but you know I'm not keeping the baby—."

"You could change your mind" he interrupts, now lit up with what seems like the biggest sense of hope. "And that child would be so lucky to have you as a mom"

"Kooks—."

"You're my best friend Violet" he breathes out, a cloud of cold air puffing out from his lips. "A-and I love you so much—."

"Come here dummy" I laugh before pulling him inside for a hug, my smile dropping to a frown when I know he can't see my face anymore.

"L-look" he stutters and separates from the hug. "There's something else I wanted to tell you tonight, and that's that ..I wanna be your boyfriend again Violet. I can't go on just being your friend, it's too hard—."

"Oh kooks" I sigh before taking hold of his hands. "I know things have been getting better between us these past few weeks, but things are way too complicated still—."

"Do you still not trust me ??"

"It's not just that anymore" I say, pausing for a moment before placing a hand over my tiny bump. "I'm pregnant now"

"So ? Violet I couldn't care if you were carrying triplets, nothing will ever change the way I feel about you"

Now that. That I believe. But as much as I hate to admit it, I still don't trust that boy.

I don't know why ? What he did wasn't THAT, that, that bad, and it feels like forever ago now. But. I guess it's just because it was him that cheated.

Of all people. Never, would I have predicted Jungkook would break my heart. And the fact that it actually happened, has made me change my whole trust and belief system. I can't help that.

"I'll call you a taxi home—."

"No" the boy stands closer to me, and I retreat back a few steps. "Violet what will it take for you to trust me again ? I'll do anything at this point ? I-I'll move out of my house and find a dorm on campus, I'll never even look at Bomi again, or another girl for that matter just please" he grips onto my hands. "Just trust me again, there's no other girl I'd be willing to do this for other then you. It's only you Violet, only you !" He snaps before falling to his knees; arms snaking to hug around my waist.

This just brings the worst flashback to mind..

"Please Violet. I know what I did was unforgivable, but can you find a way to just forgive ?? Please." his voice starts to shake slightly, and that's when I feel his tears soak into my tank top.

My heart is breaking right now. And there's a simple reason for why. I want him back. But I can't just click my fingers and magically forget about everything. I just need some time to think..

"Can you please go home?" I ask him, feeling his arms loosen before he looks up at me all sad. "Please" I manage to mutter out. "I need time to think"

Suddenly the boy scurries to stand up, nodding his head before wiping his eyes. "O-okay. And you promise you will think about this ?? Properly"

"..I promise"

"Promise promise ?"

With a light smile curving on my lips; I just reach forward and tap his nose. "Promise promise"

"Okay" he breathes out with a smile of relief. "Well..I don't wanna make things forced for you by saying I love you again. So..I'll just leave with saying..I hate you"

A short laugh escapes my lips. The things this guy comes up with never fails to amuse me.

"Come on" he nods. "Say it back"

"I hate you too" I laugh before pulling him in for another hug. As much as I hate the fact that I still don't completely trust him, tonight's conversation has given me a little more hope for him and I.

 As much as I hate the fact that I still don't completely trust him, tonight's conversation has given me a little more hope for him and I