Realisation

—Later at night—

—Violet PoV-

I continue to rinse the conditioner out of my hair, the hot water soothing my body that had been aching for days. Taehyung's mom suggested I have a shower, she said a clean body equals to a clean mind, or something like that anyway.

"Violet love" I hear her call from outside. "I'm just heading out to pick up Taehyung's dad from his works do, will you be alright with me gone ?"

"Yeah don't worry about me" I call back.

"Okay love, well you'll be in the house on your own but Taehyung shouldn't be long"

"No problem"

When the woman leaves, I continue my glorious shower. Honestly I forgot how good it feels to bathe with soap and hot water. Kai was always late paying the water bills as well, so sometimes it was either cold water, or no water at all.

Reaching up I turn the nozzle off before carefully stepping out, grabbing the fresh towel from the side. Taehyung's mom was being so sweet with me staying here, she even bought fresh towels and placed them on the rad so they'd be warm for me. The woman has practically been my guardian since me and Taehyung became friends, she attended most of my parents evenings, and always invited my round for tea knowing I'd be eating rice and beans like usual.

Wrapping the towel around my self I turn to the mirror. And I pause. Looking at myself, it's as though there's a completely different person in the reflection. My skin is still slightly bruised, Kai's marks covering almost every inch, they won't scar, but I don't think I'll ever be rid of the memories. It's all hitting me again. What I've actually been going through for the past few days.

Taking a seat on the toilet, I just stare at the ground, pressing my lips shut as I force the tears to stay in, but it's so hard.

Suddenly the bathroom door opens, Taehyungs body coming to a holt when he sees me. "Shit you gave me a fright, I thought you would have still been asleep"

"No I just took a shower" i sniffle, quickly wiping my eye from the one year that had slipped out. Crouching before me Taehyung takes hold of my hands, looking up at me with his insanely kind eyes. "It's alright to cry you know V"

And that's when I can't take it anymore. Straight away Taehyung pulls me in for a hug, and I bury my face into his shoulder. "It hurts so bad" I cry out, and my grip on his jacket just tightens from a fear of him leaving.

"You know I'm shit with words V, so I'm afraid a hug is all I can give you"

"You're not shit"

"Arent I ?"

"Don't you remember my 17th birthday ? You did a speech"

"Okay one, it was in your bedroom Violet, two, we were the only ones there and three I was wasted"

I chuckle before sitting back, wiping the tears from my cheeks. "It was still a good speech"

"Yeah, and I'm still haunted by the video you took bitch"

—Next Day—