☆Chapter Thirteen

Leah's POV

        "She never came" I fidgeted in my seat, twirling a pencil between my fingers and biting on my nails. " She knew I wasn't okay, she never came. I waited" I could see the hurt in my therapists eyes and I knew she could see how broken I was. I took a deep breath letting that nights events play over and over again in my head. The hospital, the white walls, waiting for her to show up; she abandoned me. I let a tear slip from under my eyelid and I didn't dare wipe it away. I watched as my therapist moved toward me in an attempt to offer me some solace. 

        "It's okay, you're okay" She took my hand in hers and gave it a gentle squeeze. I looked up giving her a halfhearted smile. 

        "I still think about her" I involuntarily let  the truth slip and my head instinctively fell into my hands. "I-I- I didn't mean...."

        "You need closure. You feel abandoned, you feel broken and no one can put you back together but her. It was 5 years ago, although you should have moved on you still  need closure. These therapy sessions won't get you no where" 

        I took a tissue and began dabbing at the tears that followed the first one down my cheek and the walls felt like they were closing in. I grabbed at my chest and reached for a glass of water as my breaths became frequent. 

        "Take a deep breath, try to calm down" My therapist said in her most soothing voice

        I took a long drink from my water as I stood. "I think I'll just go"