☆Chapter Eleven

A/N: I apologize for dragging my feet with the updates D: This is pretty short but it's a build up for some drama

--------------------------------------

Ms. Decosta's POV

Thoughts of her cascaded in and out of my mind as tears ran relay races down my cheeks. Her voice, her light brown eyes, and golden brown skin waltzed around in my dreams waking me up with a racing heart and sweat stained sheets. I wanted her but I didn't know how to appropriately be there for her as nothing more than a teacher or a confidant. The electric shock I got whenever my eyes caught hers or when her delicate hands laid upon mine was something hard for me to deny.

The vibration of my phone yanked me out of my thoughts and her name flashed across my screen. Text messages, emails and phone calls from her continued to come, along with the feelings of regret and longing. I picked up my phone and too scared to hear her voice I took the cowardly way out.

** I miss you**

I closed my eyes and pressed send, hearing my own heart beat now as I prayed her phone was dead. The reality of it all hit me full force when my phone vibrated in my lap.

**Call me** I stared at the message knowing I couldn't escape from the trap I set for myself. My shoulders shook as I pressed call

"Hey" She answered almost instantly and I let out a sigh as her voice warmed me after picking up on the second ring.

"Hi"

We sat in silence for what could have been counted as an eternity before she broke the silence. "Why did you leave?"

My heartbeat picked up and my leg began to shake uncontrollably. I didn't know how to form my words and what the appropriate answer would be. I released a small breath before finally letting my thoughts roam freely.

"I felt the connection. I like you and I'm not saying I can't be with you because you're a student, but I have skeletons in my closet"

I could hear people in the background and wind hitting the receiver of the phone. The sound of cars passing by and honking horns filled my ears as I awaited her response.

I never got one.