☆Chapter Twenty Two

I sat my bags down at the door and proceeded to put my key in the lock. I stepped back cupping my chest as my husband tiptoed up behind me, his face full of concern.

   "Whats wrong honey?" He whispered into my neck, holding me tightly. I couldn't arrange a complete sentence so I slowly raised my finger toward the door. His brows furrowed in complete confusion as he slowly stalked toward the door. His puzzled look disappeared as he shoved the already ajar door completely open. A knowing look found its way to his face as he slipped his phone from his pocket.

   "I have a break in...... ok.... please come quickly...."

   I didnt catch the rest of what he was saying, I had completely zoned out. Taking my own precautions, I dialed my sister's number securing us a place to stay for the next two weeks or so.

   I let tears roll down my cheek as I followed the officers into my now empty house. Everything completely gone but the walls and ceiling.  I felt my husband gently wipe at my tears and I leaned into his touch. He gave me a reassuring smile and slipped his fingers between mine as we continued throughout the house.

Leah's POV

   I lazily wiped at my eyes as I felt Lianne's weight shift near me. I slowly untangled her body from mine checking to make sure she was still sleep before putting on my clothes and rushing at the door.

   My heartbeat sped up as we locked eyes just before the elevator doors closed.  What the hell was she doing here. I played the moment over again in my head. Her eyes, beautifully tanned skin, she aged well and I could barely tell that five years had passed since I felt her lips on mine. I dropped my arm not realizing my hands were involuntarily grazing my lips.  I hummed a tune as I waited for the elevator to bring me to the lobby.

   My mind was a pool of thoughts as I sipped my hot chocolate watching the cars speed by. I couldn't keep my mind off Ms. Decosta and seeing her again today intensified the memories that cascaded in and out of my thoughts.

   I drummed my fingers on my coffee cup as my thoughts shifted to Lianne and the feeling of confusion whisked my attention away. I didn't love her as much as I thought would learn to. My phone ringed for the fourth time and I got another text from her asking where I was.

   "WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?!?!" She picked up on the third ring and instantly began yelling

   "Coffee shop downstairs"

   "I'm on my way"

   "Lianne I need to be alone" I felt the hesitation in her voice before she whispered okay and hung up with out waiting for a response.

   I leaned back in my chair downing my hot chocolate and ordering another one. I looked up to see her walking in with her husband laughing and holding hands. I let my head fall,  texting Elle.

Ms. Decosta POV

   I studied her chiseled features taking in the way her teeth tugged at her bottom lip deep in thought. My eyes fell to her arms taking in the pulsating muscles stretching for air beneath her shirt. Her hair fell in messy waves, framing her face and lazily falling off her shoulders. I was nudged put of my thoughts by a very agitated man giving me the death glare.

   "I asked what you wanted"

   "Just a coffee. Light and sweet" I muttered distractedly, still taking in her bold features

   She suddenly looked up, her eyes capturing mine and she offered me a small smirk looking from me to my husband. I returned her gesture with a self conscious wave, secretly wishing my husband wasnt standing beside me.

   I felt a hand tugging at mine and I was soon being dragged to a table, my eyes still locked with hers.

   "I have to go into the office soon. Will you be okay?"

   I nodded my head and watched as my husband gathered his things and leaving after placing a small kiss on my lips.

  I turned around hoping Leah was still here and she was already looking this way. She averted her eyes to the empty seat in front of her inviting me to join her.

   "Hey" she breathed out. I held back a grin as her cheeks shifted to a rosy shade of pink. I smiled back, an awkward silence filling the air.

   "How have you been?" I decided to break the silence first, softening up some of the tension

   She started off slowly, carefully forming her words. "I've been.....ok" She looked unsettled and an unidentifiable emotion flashed in her eyes. She gave me a faint smile shifting the topic to me. "And you?"

   I hesitated a little, being around her made me want to spill my most intimate thoughts.  "Besides my house being broken in I've been fine, cant complain"

   Her mouth dropped in surprise and I accidentally let out a laugh.

   "You can contact me if you need anything. Place to stay, something to eat, money, anything"

  "I'm fine." I laid my hand on hers reassuringly and I saw her eyes dilate.

   "Well I have space in my apartment but Lianne stays some days"

   "How is she?" I asked, swiftly changing the topic.

   "She's o--"

   The ringing of her phone interrupted and she began chewing the inside of her cheek. "Speak of the devil" she rolled her eyes as she answered her phone and I silently watched as her mood changed to something unrecognizable