☆Chapter Thirty Two

I drowned my first shot, willing myself to forget the weeks past events. I motioned for another one, turning around to scan the room before me. I saw Leah's daring expression in each one, smelled her scent though she was no where to be found, and every one reminded me of her. I chugged my next drink lazily, my eyes hanging low and my heart pounding in my chest. I pushed myself up using the liquor stained counter as support. Dragging myself to the exit, I looked between my car and the cab parked out front taking the latter.
I slowly walked up the stairs holding my head in an attempt to keep myself steady. What the fuck was I doing. I turned letting my eyes wash over Leah's car reminding myself she had Lianne now and this time for good.
"You've been drinking"
She pushed out the statement, a worried tone filling her voice. I hadn't realized she opened the door. My gaze fixed onto the toned thighs that descended from her shorts and the cleavage threatening to spill out of her too tight tank top.
"IIIIII - y-yeaaa". I tried to slow my speech so that my voice didn't give hint of tonight's escapades
"Come on"

My head was pounding and the light blurring my vision didnt make it any better. I took the cup of water from the outstretched hand suddenly remembering where I spent the night.
"Thanks Leah"
"Lianne" the voice corrected me
This sobered me up real quick. "I'm sorry" My head dropped into my hands, the pounding in my head increasing as the awkwardness and embarrassment grew.
"So you two slept together"
"We did"
Her statement took me off guard as well as Leah's voice confirming it. "Give her a break Li"
I watched as Lianne slowly stood, her death glare penetrating my soul. I couldn't stop the guilt that followed her cold stare and Leah noticed. "Don't mind her" she whispered loud enough for Lianne to hear as she exited the room. "How you feeling love?"
"Dizzy" I eyed her hand that was now holding mine and the close proximity of our bodies.
"I want to kiss you"
I leaned in, brushing my lips quickly against hers before pulling back. "I can't"
She seemed to understand because she dropped my hand, being careful not to brush against me as she gave me a few aspirin. "I tried calling you"
"You're with Lianne now"
"I want you" she said lowly watching Lianne's figure linger by the doorway. "She watches me like a hawk"
"I used to be your teacher"
She watched my expression, looking for something hidden within my words. "I liked you then, I more than like you now"
Leah denied me the chance of answering, rising and retreating to the kitchen she turned throwing me an unreadable expression.
"I liked you then, I more than like you now" I let the words envelope me and concentrated on her tone each time I let the statement replay itself in my head. "I liked you then, I more than like you now"
"Why are you still with her?" I joined Leah in the kitchen, firing up my first round of questions. She faced me, a puzzled expression taking home on her face. "Why are you still with her?" I pressed willing my feelings to take a back seat no matter the answer.
"She loves me"
"But you don't love her"
"But she loves me"
"But I love you too"