☆Chapter Fourteen

I tightened my belt and fixed the remaining buttons on my shirt. Picking up my hat that lay at my feet, I opened the door to her office only looking back to wave goodbye. 

        My therapist sessions with Dr. Bailey always ended the same way, dripping with sweat, wrinkled clothes and sex hair. 

        I took in the city aroma as I stepped outside looking at my vibrating phone. Elle had been calling me for the past hour wanting to know If i could babysit my goddaughter. 

        "Yes?!" I didn't mean for it to come out so harsh

        "Please babysit Olivia. Ari and I won't be long"

        Of course I couldn't say no. "Bring her over in twenty. I should be home by then" I waved over a taxi while hanging up the phone

Ms. Decosta's POV

        My breathing hitched as I saw her slide in beside me and I prayed she didn't recognize me. I pushed my shades higher up onto my nose and tugged my scarf tighter. After giving the driver her address she briefly glanced at me offering me a warm smile. She hadn't changed a  bit. Slightly taller, hair cut into a bob and about 15 pounds heavier, Leah was still beautiful. The familiar feeling of butterflies came back. 

        "You're married now, that ship has sailed" I constantly repeated over and over to myself as the taxi rolled forward. 

        "Nice weather, huh?" She said, the sun beating down on her beautifully tanned, flawless skin. 

        "Mhm" I let out stealing a look at her from the corner of my eye. 

        "I have to watch my goddaughter, maybe i'll take her to the park"

        I couldn't figure out why she was even talking to me. She couldn't have recognized me although I aged fairly well. I didn't answer her but instead looked out my own window and let the memories roll forward like they so often did. All too soon the taxi came to a stop and she exited leaving me stranded with the past.