☆Chapter Twenty Six

A/N: This is pretty short ;( sorry for the delay but school is sooooooo time consuming. There will be a much longer one tomorrow I promise ♡♡♡

My fist curled into a tight ball as I was sent to voicemail a third time. My eyes darted across the room looking for an alternative, some other way to reach him. I stared at the drawer right under the sink, willing me to come near it. I watched it, waiting, wanting it to come alive and steer me in the opposite direction. I stood on my shaking legs and started the long trek, my hand lingering over the handle. Giving it a soft tug, my shoulders shook probably indicating that I turn around. I tugged again opening it, catching a glimpse of its inventory. Dont do it. My unsuccessful words to coax myself failed miserably as I dug my hand inside retrieving his tablet. I slammed it on the table, taking in my hand as though it was no longer connected to my body. Dont do it. I repeated a second time. My body was itching to open his emails and messages only to feed my curiosity. But your his wife. You have a right. Justifying why had no positive effect on my guilt. My heart began to rapidly beat as I powered on my husband's device and the involuntary shaking of my leg quickened its pace.

THUMP

The sound of the tablet hitting the table startled me and I struggled to pull my mouth closed as I was pulled into a sea of anger and assumption. Opening the drawer with more force than before, I placed my tablet and wedding ring side by side whisking away a stray tear as I turned.