☆Chapter Thirty Three

*Leah's POV*

"We can't do this" I took a deep breath letting the words roll off my tongue and into the air. "I'm sorry" I impatiently waited for her response, anticipating some negative action maybe hitting or yelling but she did none of that.I watched as she grabbed her things and walked away not once looking back. I ended it. The thought danced through my mind and a temporary sigh of relief escaped from my lips. I ended it. I repeated this mantra for quite some time until my phone chirped ending my relentless thinking.

"So how'd it go?"

"I love you too Laura" I didn't expect to say it so soon and fast and I waited, my heart beat quickening a couple paces, for her to say something back.

"How did it go?"

She repeated herself, forcefully this time and for a second I was taken aback.

"I love you"

"I heard you Leah. and you're hurting"

"No, you don't get to do this. I love you. You said it first now I get to say it back. I want to be with you"

"Wha-what about Lianne?" She said it slowly weighing her words

"I ended it" I hoped this was the last time I would have to reiterate that moment.

"I love you too"

She was barely audible when she let those words slip past her lips. I rehashed the moment exactly three times after ending the call and going to bed.

—————————————

"Good morning"

The comforting sound of Elle's voice brought me back to reality and I let out a lazy yawn.

"I'm still in love with her"

"Mrs. Decosta?"

   I frowned at the formality of the name. "Laura" I corrected

"Laura"

    I could feel Elle's smirk through the phone and a wave of embarrassment washed over me.

"I know you're judging"

"I'm not"

We sat on the phone a while longer, thinking and breathing in unison until my god daughter began to cry in the background ending our silent conversation too soon.

"Breakfast?"

I smiled gratefully at Laura, taking the bag into the kitchen. "And what brought you here so early?" I closed the space between us placing a soft kiss at the corners of her mouth. "I missed you"

"It's only been a day"

"A day too long" I let her smile capture me and kissed her full on, roughly this time.

"I love you"

I would never get tired of hearing those words.