☆Chapter Twenty Five

Ms. Decosta's POV

   I sat my take out bag on the kitchen table sending Leah a quick text letting her know I enjoyed our night and hoping we can do it again. I dialed my husbands number to see when he was on his way home while pouring a small glass of wine. My ears perked up at the sound of his phone ringing and I began following my ears to his study. I knocked lightly waiting patiently for someone to fully open the door that was left ajar. Pushing open the door lightly I slowly took a light step bracing myself for the worst.

   My husband sat at his computer desk while our good friend tom sat on the arm. The smell of must hit me full force as I swung the door fully open.

   "What the hell"

   Their heads snapped to attention and Tom's expression was full of guilt and relief. My eyes swept over them, taking them in, sensing the secrecy in the room.

   "Hey babe" I watched my husband pull up his zipper as he rose, coming toward me for a hug. I stepped back taking in his presence. 

   "I'll just go" I heard two sighs of relief as I closed the door behind me.

♡ 

   Thoughts and memories plunged at the back of my mind causing me to twist and turn all night. I retrieved my phone from under  my pillow  unintentionally going through my contacts and clicking Leah's name.

   "Whats wrong?!" she said groggily with a hint of urgency in her voice after picking up on the second ring

   "Nothing, did I wake you?" I slapped myself on the head realizing how dumb that question was. "That was a dumb question" I smiled as her laughter filled my end of the line noting how my question was an obvious one.

   "No, I was laying here waiting for your call"

   I rolled my eyes at her sarcasm adding to the laughter. "I couldn't sleep"

   "Im glad you called"

   An involuntary blush spread across my cheeks causing me to play with my hands.

   I stirred in my sleep feeling the drool seep down inbetween my cheek and the pillow.

   "IT'S ALIVE"

   My eyes shot open. I looked around for the voice throwing my covers and pillows around.

   "ITS ALIVE" I heard again before finding the source of the sound

   "WHAT THE HELL" I yelled back becoming infuriated

   "Good morning Laura"

   I instantly rolled my eyes. "Why are you still on the phone" My tone was more harsh than intended

   "Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed"

   "That doesn't answer my question" I listened to her laughter erupt and felt my cheeks as they turned a light fuchsia

   "We slept together"

Her wit earned a soft giggle from me and a smirk began to play on my lips.

   "Did you enjoy it?" I asked flirtatiously

   "Dream come true" she said lower this time, more serious.

   I didnt know what to say so instead I played with the end of my shirt. "Leah.... come to breakfast with me" I didn't have to wait long for a response before she hung up, vowing to be here in 15