☆Chapter Six

"Where the fuck were you" asked Elle jogging up to my locker

"Don't worry about it"

"What the hell do you mean don't worry about it. You're my best friend its my job to worry"

"Janitors closet" Was all I said before closing my locker and proceeding to day two of detention

"One minute late. Back to your old ways so soon?"

I gave Ms. Decosta a sideways glance before continuing to a front row desk

"No no pull up a seat next to me. We're grading papers"

I followed instructions and might have put our seats too close. My arm brushed hers and a little too quickly she pulled away.

"Sorry" I muttered, grabbing a pile of papers

She gave me a half smile, passing me the answer key. "We're grading my second period class. They're slightly behind you guys"

I nodded my head in reply and began grading.

I tugged the hood of my jacket over my head and balanced a textbook on top as the sound of rain filled my ears. I would be soaked by the time I got home. I started the ten block walk just as Ms. Decosta pulled up beside me in a red Kia.

"It wouldn't sit well with me seeing you walk home in this rain and it's getting pretty dark. Can I offer you a ride?"

I weighed my options and decided against walking.

The silence was piercing and you could cut the tension with a knife

"So... how are you liking teaching" I decided to be the one to break the silence

"I like it. Its new but so far my only challenge is you"

I didn't know how to construct my next sentence let alone what she even meant. "How so?"

"I've been trying to figure you out. Though you have been getting to school on time I do notice you. Skipping seventh period, wrinkled clothes, smeared lipstick, the exiting of that closet" The car came to a quick stop "Is this your house?"

I didnt say anything as i swiftly exited.