13

Double update!! Make sure to read 12 before this chapter :)

...

Harry

It's near two in the morning by the time I get in the cab taking me to my apartment. Sarah had somehow managed to book me a flight that left about an hour after I got the call from Amelia. It was hectic, to say the least, but somehow I made it to the airport just in the nick of time. I owe my friends my life for making this possible for me. I could cry over how grateful I am, but I think I shed all of my tears on the way over here.

I've been a bit of an emotional wreck over the past couple hours. I'm sure some of it is the fact that I'm sleep deprived, but I'm also just overcharged right now. I can't concentrate on just one thing, yet at the same time I am consumed with thoughts only of Amelia. I'm nervous to talk to her, and excited to see her all in one. I'm also scared and anxious, as well as just fucking elated.

Five months. I've been waiting for this for five months, since the exact moment that those elevator doors shut when I left Amelia to go to London.

I've done a lot of thinking while I've been away. Definitely a lot of self reflection. There are some things that I regret in regards to how I handled certain situations with Amelia. I don't believe the fault is entirely my own with everything, but I definitely contributed.

I should have realized the signs of her depression creeping up on her. I know I'm not all to blame because Amelia never openly talked about it before it blew up in our faces, but I still should have been more attentive and realized the rabbit hole she was falling down. She was crumbling down right before my eyes and I didn't even notice.

I also did some stupid things, of course. I lied about knowing Lauren Jones and I called Amelia ungrateful over the phone, even after having found out about her personal struggles. I didn't know the extent of it at the time but that's not an excuse. And to make matters worse, I also threatened to leave her. It was entirely empty and I wouldn't actually do that, but it doesn't make it better. I probably would have broken up with me if I heard that. I'm surprised she didn't, but also grateful at the same time.

My leg bounces up and down as we near my apartment. Traffic isn't awful, thank God, so it hasn't taken long to reach the city from the airport. On a normal day it could take longer than an hour but I think it'll take less than half that judging by the rate that we're going at.

I pull my phone out of my carry on bag and send a quick message to Mitch, letting him know that I'm almost at the apartment. He responds within seconds telling me everything is going to be okay and to just take my time sorting things out. Part of me felt guilty for just up and leaving my band, and friends, like that but they were understanding. They know how important this is for me so they were prepared for my sudden departure.

"We're here," the cab driver suddenly says, taking me out of my thoughts.

I blink a couple of times and look out the window. Sure enough, my familiar apartment complex stands tall and proud right out the door, with Amelia waiting for me inside.

"Thank you," I mutter. I hand the balding man a couple of bills, plus a generous tip before I step out of the vehicle with my bag.

Nerves start to overwhelm me as I make my way into the building. I greet the receptionist and then head to the elevator, which comes almost immediately as it is called.

Should I have texted Amelia that I arrived at the apartment? I let her know when I landed and that I would be home shortly but I didn't think to give her a play-by-play of my whereabouts. Hopefully she's not upset with me, although I doubt she would be. She knows I'm coming which is good enough.