16

Amelia

"The plant was bugged. Justin and his girlfriend were selling our personal information,"

Harry just looks blankly at me, not saying a word. His lips part and his eyebrows crease, but he stays quiet. I find it more unsettling than if he were to talk. I wish he would say something. Anything.

"Harry?" I hesitantly ask. I squeeze his hand, trying to elicit some kind of response from him. "Harry,"

Harry's eye find mine again. Although they were technically set on my face, I could see that he wasn't seeing me properly. His mind must have drifted elsewhere but only now has it just returned.

"Where is it?" Harry asks me, his voice dangerously low and steady. It's an odd comparison to his normal chipper and cheerful self. "Tell me you got rid of it,"

"I put it in one of the spare bedrooms for now - "

Before I can finish speaking, Harry abruptly stands up, yanking his hand from mine. He storms off in the direction of two of our spare bedrooms, just off of the living room. Like me, his first instinct is probably to destroy the thing but I need to tell him why we can't do that. So I hop up off of the couch and desperately rush after him.

"Harry!" I yell, trying to get his attention. Why are his legs so long? I'm not that short but one of Harry's steps equals two of mine and it's proving to be a major setback right now while I struggle to catch up with him. "Harry, stop!"

I breathe out a sigh of relief when the first bedroom Harry checks is void of the plant. He steps in and surveys the area before coming back out into the hallway, just as I reach him.

"Harry," I say again.

I grab his hand, spinning him around to face me. He looks at me with a furious expression, one I don't think I've ever seen before. We've had our fair share of fights and disagreements, but I don't think I've ever seen him look this angry. It's actually quite frightening, if I'm being honest. His face is flushed a deep red color and his jaw is clenched so hard it looks like he might shatter all of his teeth.

"Baby, breathe," I say in a weak attempt to calm him down. I place both my hands on his shoulders and massage my fingers into them, trying to soothe his tense muscles. "Just take a second - "

"I don't have a second, Amelia!" Harry yells. I flinch at the tone of his voice, although I know he's not yelling at me - he's just yelling because of the situation in general. "He invaded our privacy! He knows things about us that people outside of our circle, and outside of you and me, shouldn't know!"

"I know, baby - "

"He fucking spied on us, and for what? To sell our information to the media for money?"

"There's more to it than that," I say, and I'm grateful when Harry finally stops cutting me off. He clamps his mouth shut while his chest rises and falls at a rapid pace. "He has a motive other than money. Well technically his girlfriend does - "

"Amelia..." Harry says in a warning tone. I give him an empathetic look while his expression turns even harder than it was. "Who is his girlfriend?"

I sigh and bite the inside of my cheek, stalling with the answer.

"It's Shannon," I ultimately say.

Harry doesn't say anything initially. He just looks at me, searching my eyes presumably for some sort of indication that I'm lying, only he won't find that because it's the truth. Of course I suppose technically it wasn't officially confirmed, but at the very least Shannon and Justin know each other, and on a pretty personal level by the looks of it.