20

Okay so I decided to split this chapter up but I got behind on my writing because I was working on something for my Etsy (I'll tell you what it is sooooon) so I posted a poll on my Instagram and a lot of you voted for me to post this chapter now and 21 when I finish!! 

So here's the first part. 21 will be up soon :)

...

Amelia

It's official - I have a concussion.

Dr. Rhoades, the doctor assigned to my case, officially diagnosed me yesterday after I woke up. She said the CT and MRI scans don't show if you have a concussion, so she ran some basic tests, testing my vision, hearing, balance, memory, and other functions. Unfortunately, I have a mild case but on the bright side, my other scans indicated that I don't have a brain bleed or swelling. It's not ideal, but it could be worse. Apparently Justin hit me with 'excessive force', as the doctors and nurse called it. Basically it could have done a lot of damage had he hit a more sensitive spot on my head. 

I also definitely have a fractured cheekbone. I know Harry told me, but Dr. Rhoades showed me the X-Ray scans. There's a very small crack just next to my temple and shy of my eye socket. It doesn't look like much, but the swelling and bruising on my face today says otherwise. 

My face didn't look awful yesterday. My upper cheek was only slightly discolored, but today the color has deepened to a dark purple and the swelling has made my eye nearly shut closed. I almost cried when I first saw myself in the mirror this morning. Dr. Rhoades said it'll get worse before it gets better but I wish we could just skip to the better part. 

I sigh and shift in my hospital bed, suddenly feeling a bit uncomfortable. I'm almost cleared for discharge but Dr. Rhoades wanted to keep me a couple hours later than expected, for some follow up scans. I'm grateful for her concern and attentiveness to my injury, but at the same time I just want to go home. 

"Are you okay?" Harry softly asks me. 

I turn slightly to face him. He sits in a chair next to my bed - the same chair he's been glued to since I arrived. He hasn't left my side once, even when I go to the bathroom, much to my dismay. I keep trying to tell him I'm fine to walk but I think he's nervous I'll faint again, or stumble and fall. His insistence on following me everywhere I go is both endearing and incredibly annoying. 

"Yeah," I weakly respond. "Just trying to get comfortable. Laying down all the time isn't as glamorous as it sounds," 

Harry smiles, although it doesn't quite reach his eyes. He must be tired. He stayed here overnight, sleeping uncomfortably in the hospital chair he currently resides in. It looked a bit painful, to be honest. I offered to share my bed with him but he was nervous about accidentally rolling over in his sleep and hurting me. 

"We'll be home soon, love," Harry raspily responds. "Just a few more tests. Then we can rest at home. I know you can't watch television or listen to anything really loud for the next ten or so days, so I've been thinking of things we can do together besides sleeping...unless you just want to sleep. I'm fine with whatever you'd like," 

I smile at my rambling boyfriend, whose cheeks have turned pink. 

"What did you have planned?" I ask him. I'm not sure if I'll feel up to doing anything besides sleeping, but I still want to hear what Harry's been thinking about. Clearly he's spent a lot of time on this.

He shifts in his chair, leaning forward while he gathers his thoughts. I can physically see the gears turning in his head, causing my heart to flutter. He seems overly concentrated on coming up with mundane activities for us that I can participate in with a concussion.