43

Part 3/3 of triple update! Make sure to start with 41 if you haven't!

...

Present Day

Amelia

"A book?" Anne asks, both Harry and Gemma quiet as they processs everything I just told them about mine and Robin's first conversation. 

I nod.

"It was his dying wish," I say, my voice barely above a whisper. I hate using that phrase, especially with Robin's family sitting right here with me, but it's what Robin told me to say. 

"I'll admit I'm a little nervous to talk to Harry, Gemma and Anne about this book,"  I said to Robin while the two of us sat outside in the Adirondack chairs, looking out at the garden. 

It was the middle of May in 2017 and Harry and I had come to London after his performance on the Today Show, as part of their Citi Concert Series. Harry had some work things to attend to and invited me along, deciding to make a mini vacation out of it. 

"I know," Robin said. He turned his head and gave me a somewhat sympathetic look. "I wish I could be the one to break the news. I mean I suppose I could, but...I'd prefer, like you, to have the book finished before saying anything. It's easier to process like that."

I nodded, completely understanding where he was coming from. I did the same thing, after all, with my senior project on Harry - I waited until the last minute to tell him about it because I wanted him to see the final product before judging it. 

"I know. I think I'm just...nervous to hear what they'll say. Do you think they'll be angry I kept this a secret from them?" I anxiously asked, to which Robin shook his head. 

"Honestly? No, I don't. And if they have an issue with it, you can tell them it's my dying wish," he said with a slight chuckle. I forced one out, as well, although I didn't really find any of this amusing or funny. "I hope that I'll get to be the one to tell them but I'm planning on stopping my medication soon. I don't know when, but I anticipate I won't have very long after that. Maybe by some miracle I'll make it but unfortunately, miracles don't always happen."

My eyes teared up, suddenly feeling a bit emotional. I was relatively okay during our past couple of conversations, but for some reason this one felt different. Maybe it was because Robin was finally stopping his medication or maybe it was because the reality of his situation finally came crashing down around me. I didn't have relationship problems or school to focus on - it was just him and his book. Those were my sole priorities. 

"I hope you get that miracle," I whispered, smiling at Robin but he didn't buy it. 

"Listen to me, Amelia," Robin said. He turned in his chair and gave me a serious expression, wiping the fake smile off of my face. "It's going to be okay, you hear me? You'll be okay, my family will be okay, and I'll be okay. This isn't the end. I fully believe that we'll meet again somewhere out there, wherever that might be, and quite honestly, I look forward to that."

I clear my throat, returning back to the present as I escape my memory. The room is still silent so I take this opportunity to softly wriggle my hand out of Harry's and use it to dig through my purse that I placed on the floor by my feet. I feel around a bit until I find what I'm looking for. Then I hold it up, showing it to Anne, Gemma, and Harry.