34

Thank you to everyone who watched or will watch my livestream (which was published!) with directionersbookclub on Instagram :) it was a lot of fun. I was also hella nervous so I'm sorry if I was awkward LOL I have crippling *anxiety* 

...

Harry

It's the late afternoon and the hot sun beams down on me as I pass a football to Rande Gerber. My aim isn't the best, but he somehow manages to catch it. He's fairly decent at sports, I must admit. I wish I could say the same about myself. I'm pretty active and I workout frequently, but I wouldn't go as far as to say I'm athletic. I've probably dropped the ball more than I've caught it. 

It's been a couple of weeks since the Met Gala and Amelia and I currently find ourselves in Malibu. It was originally supposed to just be a weekend getaway to our other home, but the Gerbers invited us, and Jeffrey, out with them to the beach today. I was a bit hesitant because I wanted this weekend to just be Amelia and I since we're going our separate ways tomorrow, but she insisted since I haven't seen them in a while. I also think she wanted to meet them since I'm good friends with them, and I'll admit it made me a bit happy to introduce her. I want her to know all my friends and although she still hasn't met everyone yet, this is a start. I think I'll introduce her to my childhood mates when we go to England in a little over a month. 

I also need to introduce her to my dad. We're not terribly close, but I've raved about Amelia to him and he's been dying to meet her for a while now. Part of me feels guilty for not introducing her sooner but the timing was never right. I don't really see my dad that often as it is and I found it quite difficult to find time in both our schedules to set something up. Normally our visits are sporadic but I don't want to do that to Amelia. I don't want to spring something like this on her last minute because I know it might make her anxious. 

I think when we go home to London, I'll invite him over for lunch or something. He travels for work so hopefully he'll either be home or can make the time to come out. If not, I'll try to plan a trip with Amelia specifically to go see him. I should have done it sooner honestly, but it just wasn't my main priority. I don't know if that's bad to say but I suppose that's just the relationship I have with my father. 

It doesn't bother me. It's just how it's always been. 

I glance over and smile when I see Amelia. She sits in a beach chair not too far away, reading a book. Unfortunately, although she's been cleared by her doctor to do most things, she can't engage in contact sports, like football or corn hole, just in case she accidentally gets hit in the face. I offered to sit with her instead, but she insisted she'd be okay.

"Harry!" Rande shouts, causing my attention to turn towards him. He throws the football towards me and I turn to catch it, only it misses by about a foot so I'm left running awkwardly without having even caught anything.

 He throws the football towards me and I turn to catch it, only it misses by about a foot so I'm left running awkwardly without having even caught anything

For fucks sake. 

I grumble to myself as I jog over to where it landed near the water. After picking it up, I throw it back to Rande who then tosses it to Kaia.