TWENTY THREE

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𖥔 ࣪ ˖  ᤴTWENTY THREE  ˖ ࣪ ‹ 𖥔 ࣪║▌│█║▌│ █║▌│█│║▌║            -love repeats

𖥔 ࣪ ˖ ᤴTWENTY THREE ˖ ࣪ ‹ 𖥔 ࣪
║▌│█║▌│ █║▌│█│║▌║
-love repeats.

Daisy had dropped the letter in a instant. Her eyes were so blurry and her whole body was shaking. She had rushed out the Hufflepuff common room, not even thinking about anything but what she had just read.

Was Dumbledore lying? Was is some sick joke? What?

She skidded down the stairs, almost falling down them and pushed anyone that was in her way, first years or seventh years. She didn't care.

Her parents were awake and they were alive. 15 years later.

She sped past the Great Hall and Harry was walking out there with Hermione. He had saw Daisy zoom past them.

He gave a look to Hermione who was blabbering onto Harry about something.

"Go see what's wrong, I'll go to Ron." she says as she makes her way back into the Great Hall.

Harry nods and takes off into a jog as Daisy wasn't to far in front.

Harry muttered apologies on behave of Daisy and himself as they bumped into people on the way.

"Daisy." Harry called out and grabbed her arm when he was close enough.

"Harry." was the first word she spoke since she read the letter. Her voice cracked and she struggled to catch her breath, it was full of so much emotion. Did she even have time to stop and talk.

She just wanted to get to the hospital. What if they were lying? What if they aren't awake? After all this time?

Harry's eyes immediately scanned her face and his face shifted into concern as he saw her bloodshot eyes and her pale face. "Love, what's wrong-Why are you crying?"

"It's my mum and dad. They're awake." she put a hand over her mouth as if she didn't believe herself.

Harry stood there, eyes wide and blinking rapidly. He couldn't believe what he was hearing. "W-what? How?"

"I don't know Harry. But they're awake. Oh my merlin."

Harry didn't know what to do, so he grabbed Daisy's forearms and pulled her into a hug. She didn't budge or move, she wrapped her arms around him and sobbed.

Harry stoked the back of her head, whispering to her. "Come on we need to go to Dumbledore's office. Do you want me to come with you. I don't have-" he rambled and pulled out of the hug.

"N-no, Harry I want you to come with me. Please." She croaked out, wiping the back of her hand on her cheek. "Just please, come on."

"O-okay love." He grabbed her hand and and he let her pull him do dumbledores office.

They got outside the door and she spoke. "Acid pops."

The door opened and Dumbledore was already stood there. The usual glint that he had in his eyes was not there and he looked very serious. Neville was there and he looked exactly like Daisy. Shocked, scared.

Once Daisy stepped into the office, Neville immediately rushed towards her and pulled her into a bone crushing hug. She breathed in and held onto her brother for dear life.

"W-were going to see mum and dad." Neville sniffed almost as if he didn't believe himself.

"Ms Longbottom, please hurry. Mr Potter-?"

"Hes coming with me, professor." Daisy spoke, pulling away from Neville and wiping her cheek. Her hands were still shaking.

"You three, grab my arm." he insists, waving it off. They both hurry up and each grab one of his arm. "Saint Mungo's hospital." he throws down down floo powder and they were out of Hogwarts.

They arrived in Saint Mungo's hospital. Dumbledore pulled away from the teens, pulling them all to the side. "I shall leave you here. Your grandmother will be in the waiting room as well as Professor Mcgonagall. Mr Potter, i will contact your parents and let them know where you are." Dumbledore gave a curt smile and clicked his fingers in a instant and he was gone.

This was it?

Daisy gulped as she looked around the hospital. She ran her hand down her face and her lip quivered. It all came back to her. She couldn't believe this. Neville shook beside her.

"H-harry." Daisy hiccups, holding her own shaking hands. "I can't do this."

"I-i'm going to see Grandmother." Neville said, blinking the tears away and gave Daisy's shoulder a squeeze before he slowly walked away.

Harry immediately turned around, tilting his head to the side. His heart was beating for Daisy and he felt nervous for her. "Yes you can love, it's okay."

"N-no." she shakes her head. "I can't see my parents. This is all going too fast, I need a explanation- Harry oh no."

Harry approaches her but she takes a step back. "Harry, I can't."

Tears were running freely down her cheeks and her chest stared to feel tighter. Her breathing became quicker and she felt hot at sweaty. Her heart was beating increasingly fast, she was surprised that she couldn't hear it.

"Listen to me, listen to my breathing." she felt Harry pull her towards themselves and her ear was placed to his chest. She couldn't see, her own tears were clouding her own vision and she closed her eyes.

The persons heartbeat was surprisingly slow and was at a normal pace. Daisy followed the persons breathing and slowly she started to calm down a little bit. She focused on the breathing and the breathing only.

Nothing else.

She had her eyes closed and was breathing out of her mouth.

Harry removed Daisy from his chest, now realising that her breathing was back to normal. He ran the pads of his thumbs on her cheeks as she could finally see.

"Are you okay now?" he questioned, dipping his head down slightly. He tried to wipe the dry mascara down her cheeks but it wasn't coming off, so he left it and wiped her tears instead.

"I don't know, I hope so." she blinked and gulped, holding onto his forearms just in case.

She was touching him.

"Do you need to sit for a second-" Harry suggested, slowly walking backwards towards a chair.

"No, I'm going to go see my parents."

˖ ࣪ ‹ 𖥔 ࣪
║▌│█║▌│ █║▌│█│║▌║