THIRTY SEVEN

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𖥔 ࣪ ˖  ᤴTHIRTY SEVEN˖ ࣪ ‹ 𖥔 ࣪║▌│█║▌│ █║▌│█│║▌║            -love repeats

𖥔 ࣪ ˖ ᤴTHIRTY SEVEN˖ ࣪ ‹ 𖥔 ࣪
║▌│█║▌│ █║▌│█│║▌║
-love repeats.

IT HAD been exactly two months since the Longbottoms have moved to France, however it had felt longer. Augusta was getting more strict every day. She was hiding letters from the twins, which Daisy could probably guess were from her parents or Harry.

Her parents. They haven't even made an effort to see them, if they wanted to contact them in some way, they would of found a way to do that.

Maybe Augusta was right, and they didn't want to see them. But the other thoughts, we're maybe they couldn't? Augusta was being so secretive. What if they had tried, but couldn't get through Augusta?

Everytime either Neville or Daisy tried to make conversation about their parents, or ask if they had tired to contact, Augusta would shut it down immediately and leave the room, claiming she had other business to do.

One thing Daisy didn't understand was why wasn't Dumbledore doing anything to help? Being forced away from their parents surely isn't okay, and away from education..

"Daisy." Augusta slammed a single piece of paper down in front of her and next to her bowl of cereal that was mostly now milk. "A letter from Dumbledore."

Daisy immediately dropped her spoon in her bowl and grabbed the letter and ripping it open immediately. This was her first letter that she was aloud to have since coming to France.

"I don't understand why Dumbledore would write to you.." Augusta trailed off.. side eyeing Daisy, hovering over her.

However.. it wasn't from who it said it was from.

Daisy,

you've been gone a while now, and you haven't replied to any of my letters. hermione and ron say that i am going mad. i just want to know where you are- i mean obviously i know your in france, but where? what's the house like? i don't know if you know, but you parents are trying everything they can to get to you and contact you. the reason why dumbledore isn't doing anything, is because apparently he can't. hermione found that out for me, but obviously that's bull shit.

it feels so weird without you at school, i have nobody telling me to fuck of. i miss it. your parents are alot better now, they brought a small cottage and it's really beautiful. it has enough room for when you and neville come back, because you are. they remember everything about you both and all of their walls are covered in pictures of you both. who knew you were a cute baby.

please, somehow if you get this which you probably won't because you haven't got my other ones, know that your parents are trying to find you and that i miss you a lot. let me know where you are, please.

your harry x

Daisy let the letter fall out of her hands and onto the table. Her lips curled into a smile. Harry. She missed him. She never thought that she would say that.

"And what did that say." Augusta picked the letter up in her hands and straightening it out.

Before she could even read the first word, Daisy knocked over her cereal bowl, spilling it all over the table and it slowly dripped down off the table and down Augusta's feet.

She jumped back, throwing the letter on the table and scoffed. "For goodness sake, Daisy." she looked down in disgust as the milk soaked into her shoes.

She muttered things under her breath as she walked off, to change.

The house was a one story, it wasn't very big and Daisy hated it a lot. It wasn't homely. I mean, when has it ever been, even before.

"What's Grandmother shouting about now?" Neville asked, rubbing his eyes as he walked into the kitchen. He looked exhausted. He hasn't had a good night sleep since they moved here.

"That's not important." Daisy stood up and forced the letter in his hands. "Read."

It took Neville about a minute to read it and when he finished, his eyes were teary. "Daisy, they're trying to look for us. They remember us."

"Of course they do." Daisy smiled, her own eyes getting watery. Neville leapt into Daisy's arms and she stumbled back. "We do not tell Augusta about this okay, she thinks it's from Dumbledore."

Neville nods and pulls away from the hug. "How long do you think we'll be here for? I don't want to stay here anymore, I hate it. i want mum and dad."

Daisy frowned, she didn't want to see her brother like this any longer. "I don't know, Neville. Not much longer, I promise."

𖥔 ࣪ ˖ ᤴ

"Professor." Alice Longbottom started, stood in the middle of Dumbledores office, her heart aching. "You know you can help us, you know where our children is."

"Unfortunately I don't."

"You are a liar!" Alice snapped, using a tone of voice she's never even heard her speak. "You know exactly where they are."

"Even if i did." he started, sitting calmly at his desk. "I couldn't do anything to help, it's no business of mine."

"They're your students, isn't that enough?" Frank interrupted.

"I think you both need to go home and-"

"Don't you dare." Alice growled. "Fine. If your not going to help, we'll just have to do it ourselves."

Dumbledore raised his brow. "They are happy in France-"

Alice tilted her head, gripping onto Franks arm. "You don't know that. You don't know anything, do you even know what Augusta is like?"

Dumbledore hummed. "I'm sorry, but I cant do anything to help. Have you wrote any letters?"

"Of course we have." Frank spat, glaring. "Thousands, but of course they haven't received them because of Augusta."

"Maybe it would be best if you went to France, and looked around?"

"Your no help at all." Alice said in spite, grabbing Franks arm, and trudging out of Dumbledores office, leaving the room with a slam of the door.