FORTY FOUR

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𖥔 ࣪ ˖  ᤴFORTY FOUR˖ ࣪ ‹ 𖥔 ࣪║▌│█║▌│ █║▌│█│║▌║            -love repeats

𖥔 ࣪ ˖ ᤴFORTY FOUR˖ ࣪ ‹ 𖥔 ࣪
║▌│█║▌│ █║▌│█│║▌║
-love repeats.

"You know.." Alice starts, passing the bowl they used to make the scones, to Daisy so she could wipe it dry. "You looked just how i imagined you to."

Daisy paused, and then slowly began to wipe it again. "Really?"

"Yes, beautiful." She said and Daisy smiled, dipping her head down with blush on her cheeks.

"Thank you." she said shyly and got a wet sponge from the side to wipe the sides.

Harry should be helping as he made most of the mess..

"I'm sorry that i couldn't watch you and Neville grow up to be the people you are now." Alice spoke softly, not taking her eyes off of the cutlery she was currently washing. "And couldn't be there to give you support and advice when you needed it."

Daisy gulped, feeling tears spring in her eyes. She shook her head, sniffling a little. "It's okay, you don't have to apologise. It's not your fault. I'm just glad you're here now."

Alice placed the plates down and swivelled to look at Daisy. "You are a brave young woman, Daisy and I'm so proud of you." She sniffed, taking the plate out of Daisys hand, and bringing her into a hug.

Daisy closed her eyes, letting her mother wrap her arms securely around her. This was what she had always wanted. She felt safe.

Alice rocked them both back and forth, just living in that moment.

><>>

"If pigs could fly-" Harry started, lead flat on his back on Daisys bed as he watched her move around, moving stuff into her room.

Alice and Frank had got everything from her room in Augusta's house, and brought it back here. Same for Neville. Thank god Augusta wasn't at the house. She was sure to have a surprise when she got home.

"Then Id be jealous of you." Daisy commented, shoving her shoe boxes in the bottom of her wardrobe.

Harry blinked a couple of times. "Huh?"

"Because you would be able to fly."

Harry frowned, "Love, I said- Oh what!" he came to realisation and he sat up at a quick pace. "You're calling me a pig!"