TWENTY SIX

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𖥔 ࣪ ˖  ᤴTWENTY SIX  ˖ ࣪ ‹ 𖥔 ࣪║▌│█║▌│ █║▌│█│║▌║            - love repeats

𖥔 ࣪ ˖ ᤴTWENTY SIX ˖ ࣪ ‹ 𖥔 ࣪
║▌│█║▌│ █║▌│█│║▌║
- love repeats.

"Daisy, Neville." Augusta called out, getting some plates out of the cupboard. "Your dinner is ready."

Neville was the first one downstairs, thinking that his sister would already be down there. But she wasn't.

"Sit down Neville." Augusta said, spotting Neville standing by the kitchen door. "We just have to wait for your sister."

Neville was still in shock about the whole thing that happened only a few hours ago. He moved to sit down in his regular space on the kitchen table, keeping his mouth shut.

Daisy was upstairs, sat on the end of her bed in deep thought. She had bit her lip too hard, causing blood to spill out from it and her to wince. She had ran her hand through her hair multiple times, her arm had started to ache.

She was thinking. Thinking about what her mother said. Daisy could almost cry just thinking about how her mum and dad were awake. After all this time. She had thought it was impossible.

'When Augusta said that you didn't want to see us-'

That same sentence kept spiralling around Daisy's head and it kind of gave her a headache. Did Augusta already know that her parents were awake?

Even the thought of that made Daisy grit her teeth.

"Daisy, we are waiting for you!" Augusta called from downstairs, sounding impatient.

Daisy sighed and got up from her bed and heading downstairs for dinner. She wasn't even hungry, all she wanted to do was go back to the Hospital.

"Finally." Augusta muttered, waiting for Daisy to sit down and when she did, she picked her fork up and began eating.

Daisy didn't pick up her fork. She played with her hands under the table, looking at the food. She gulped opening and closing her mouth, deciding weather or not to speak.

"Are you not going to eat?" Augusta asked, stopping her chewing and peering over the top of her glasses. "I spent ages making this."

"I'm not hungry." Daisy spoke, not looking up knowing that there would be a frown on her Grandmothers face.

"Neville's eating, why can't you? Is it not good enough for you?"

"I said that I'm not hungry." Daisy spoke a little louder and finally looking up. "Is that a problem for you?"

Augusta blinked and placed down her fork and taking her glasses off. "I'd stop the cheek if I were you, Daisy."

"Tell me, Augusta." Daisy started, the question already on the tip of her tongue. "What did my mum mean when she told us that you said we didn't want to see them?"

Neville stopped chewing immediately and swallowed quickly. Truth be told, he had been thinking exactly the same question. Although he didn't want Daisy to say anything. He didn't want her to get told off.

"I never said that." Augusta lied straight through her teeth and it was pretty obvious. She cleared her throat and went to stand up to take her plate full of food to the kitchen, but Daisy spoke again causing her to freeze.

"Why would they lie?" She tilted her head. "How long have they been awake for?"

Every question that Daisy had asked her, Augusta shrunk down in her seat.

"Today. When you were told, so was I."

Daisy pursed her lips and drummed her fingers on the table. "Why did you tell them that we didn't want to see them?"

"I didn't." Augusta sat up straight. "They're lying."

Neville frowned, gulping before speaking. "But why would they lie?"

Augusta looked at Neville like he had betrayed her. She never would've thought that he would speak up to her. "I-I don't know."

"I think that you're lying." Daisy decided, and paused when August slowly turned her head towards her. She gulped, starting to think that speaking up was a bad decision. "Why, for number one would we not want to see our parents whom we haven't seen in years, and number two, why would they say that you said it if it wasn't true?"

"Neville, go upstairs. You can finish your dinner later." Augusta said, keeping her eyes on Daisy. "Hurry."

Neville gave his sister a look but left the table and sped upstairs, not wanting to be shouted at.

"Maybe they were the ones that didn't want to see you." Augusta rose her eyebrow dangerously and Daisy blinked.

"What?"

"Maybe they said that because they didn't want to see you. I mean, why would they? You're like a stranger to them. I can understand why they would lie." Augusta shrugged, leaning on the table and her eyes held something that Daisy had never seen before.

"The only liar here, is you." Daisy said, frowning. What Augusta was saying was lies, right?

"That's what they want you to think." Augusta said. "But deep down, you know that your just a stranger to them. Practically nothing."

Daisy's lips parted and she stared down at the table, her heart dropping.

"Go upstairs." Augusta said, making Daisy look back up. Her eyes were red although there were no tears.

She suddenly felt sick and her throat was dry.

"Id like to finish my dinner in peace."

˖ ࣪ ‹ 𖥔 ࣪
║▌│█║▌│ █║▌│█│║▌║