Chapter 20: A Fool.

"I've come here to pick up my wife." Muzan replied. The butler's eyes widen, "O-Oh... Pardon me Duke, I'll take you to them." The butler says as he soon started showing them where the garden was. "Should you really be picking her up? What if she's having fun?"  Douma asks, Muzan didn't reply and only glared at him.

As soon as they arrived, you noticed them. 'What are they doing here?' You thought while Nezuko was confused. "I didn't know your husband would come..." Nezuko whispered, "I didn't tell him anything about this..." You whispered back.

"It's rude to come here unannounced, Duke." Nezuko says while crossing her arms, she didn't like him, not even one bit. She felt something off about him, and it bothered her. "My apologies," Muzan looked at you, "I only came here to pick up my wife." you raised an eyebrow, 'He came for me?' You thought, confused.

You turned to Nezuko, "I'm sorry Nezuko, I didn't know he was going to come..." you told her, she nodded. Muzan slightly heard what you told her, 'They're speaking in a casual manner?' He thought.

"It's fine Y/n, I'll see you off." Both of you walked out of the green house. Nezuko looked at Muzan with judging eyes. The walk to the front gate felt awkward, the atmosphere felt heavy because of Nezuko and Muzan, Nezuko really didn't like Muzan, and she was being obvious about it.

All of you were near the front gate until you let out a gasp. Muzan and Nezuko turned to you, "Oh! I forgot my gloves at the table..." You mumbled, "The butler can get them for you." Nezuko says, "No, it's fine I'll go there myself." She then clinged to your arm, "Let's go there together then." She says and gives you a smile, Muzan's eye twitches as he notices Nezuko being all touchy around you.

You slowly push her hand away, "It's alright, no worries." Muzan was about to open his mouth to say something but you cut him off, "Don't worry Muzan, I can go there by myself." You told him and gave him a small smile, he didn't reply.

As soon as you left, Nezuko turned to Muzan, "I believe I haven't properly introduced myself, my name is Nezuko Agatsuma. I have heard a lot about you... Duke." Nezuko says as she crosses her arms. Muzan turned to her, and raised his eyebrow, "Have you been treating her well?" Nezuko asks, Muzan was a bit taken aback over how straight forward she was.

"Yes, she's happy." Muzan simply replied, "She?" Nezuko spoke out, "Not 'we'?" She thought and furrowed her eyebrows. Nezuko clenched her fists, "Do you love her? Or is it just 'Business' for you?" She asked, "I... Its just an arranged marriage." He replied, "He hesitated." She thought and got more annoyed.

Nezuko let out a forced laugh and abruptly stops, "You're a Fool, Duke. Your heart isn't in sync with your brain." She says, Muzan soon got confused, Douma and Kokushibo exchanged glances, both of them knew Muzan already fell for you but he's denying it.

There was an awkward silence until you broke it, "Did something happen?" you asked, Nezuko gave you a smile, "Nothing happened Y/n, did you find your gloves?" You nodded and gave Nezuko a goodbye hug, "I'll invite you at my place soon." You told her, she nodded and soon, You got in the carriage with Muzan.

-Muzan's POV-

I couldn't focus on the ride, I was too lost on my own thoughts. Why did Nezuko tell me that I just don't realise my true feelings yet? To love and care...? As if I could do that... This, This is a loveless marriage... Right..?

I glanced at her, she was just looking outside the carriage, with nothing but innocence and curiosity on her eyes. I didn't notice I was staring at her until she turned to me.

My eyes widen, and my heart started beating fast, I quickly looked away, flustered. Wait... Flustered...?

"Is there something wrong?" She asked, "Are the effects of your injury coming back??" She added, while getting closer to me, I stopped her. "No, don't worry about it wife..." I replied, she frowned. Did I say something wrong..?

"We have arrived." The coachman says, I cleared my throat and got off first, I held out my hand but she didn't take it. I raised an eyebrow, "It's fine, I can take care if myself." She replied. I didn't utter a single word.

What's wrong with her? Was my reply before rude..?? Either way, why do I care about it?? All this talk about love and care is confusing me! I don't... love her... Did I hesitate just now?