Chapter 28: Protective.

Everyone let out a gasp, except for Muzan who was frozen. You scoffed and was about to say something but suddenly, a headache struck you. You hissed in pain as you lost balance but was caught by Muzan. "Lets go home." He whispered in your ear, you slowly nodded your head. 

Ivona grumbled, "Muzan wait-" She was cut off by Muzan glaring at her, her breath hitched. She quickly looked away. Muzan soon carried you, bridal style. The pain of theheadache was too much which made you not focus on what Muzan was doing. Everyone moved away in fear, they made way for both of you to be able to get out. 

Muzan had a lot to say, had a lot of questions, but you were in pain right now so he let it slide. "Get the carriage ready." He told Akaza, he nodded and quickly ran to look for a carriage. 'I'm... Going to be a father...' Muzan thought, feeling a little emotional. 

-Time Skip- 
-Your POV-

"...normal for pregnant women to have this." an unfamiliar voice spoke out, I soon started to open my eyes to see Muzan talking to a doctor. "If she rests, she'll be fine. You can also massage her neck or scalp to lessen the pain of her headache. I suggest getting a bowl ready, she might start having morning sickness in a few weeks." The doctor suggested. 

"...Muzan...?" I spoke out, His eyes widen and quickly went closer to me, "Are you alright? Are you feeling pain anywhere?" he asked, "I'm fine don't worry." I reassured him. I looked around the room to see Daki smiling and the servant who kept interrupting me when I wanted to tell Muzan about our child. 

"I'm a father..." He mumbled while giving me a smile, he soon held my hand, "Why haven't you told me sooner?" He added, I glanced at the servant, he gulped and looked away. "Well... Somebody kept interrupting." I chuckled. "We'll give you both some space." Daki spoke out and motioned the Doctor and the servant to leave. 

As soon as the three of them left, Muzan soon started leaving trails of kissed from my cheek to my neck, I let out a giggle. "You have no idea how happy I am." he chuckled. "I'll protect both of you..." he added and gribbed on my hand, I soon notice small tears forming on his eyes. 

"Are you... Crying??" I laughed, "No, don't worry my love, its just the dust." I blushed. "L-Love?" I stuttered. "What? You don't like it?" he asked, "No I umm... I like it..." I mumbled and quickly looked away from him out of embarassment. 

"W-What if our child is a girl?" I asked, a little worried. "Boy or Girl, I don't mind. Besides I told you didn't I? I won't leave you... I'll be by your side." he reassured and soon planted a kiss on my forehead. 

I am so glad... That he's the man I love... 

-Time Skip-
-2nd Person POV- 

You let out a grumble, Muzan did say he was going to protect you both, but he's being over protective. He always makes sure your bath is in the right amount of heat, that your food isn't too hot so you won't burn your tongue, he even thought of firing a gardener just because you stepped on a stone at the garden. You wouldn't be surpised if he replaced the halls and the roads with pillows or cushions. 

You were now two months pregnant, and morning sickness sure loved to cling to you whenever you wake up. Your cravings also started to come, one time you wanted to eat steak with ice cream on top.... You had the weirdest cravings, but they tasted so good! You also wanted watermelon with pepper and many more weird combinations. 

Your mood swings were now taking a toll on you, and with Muzan's over protectiveness, it wasn't helping. "I'm sorry Duchess, but the Duke had forbid us to give you salty food... He said it might affect the baby..." The maid spoke out, your eye twitched. All you wanted was pineapple... But its not allowed?! 

"Where the hell is Muzan?!" You spoke out in a dangerous tone, "At his office duchess." Daki simply replied, you quickly headed to his office. As soon as you got there, you slammed the doors open, Muzan looked at you with a smile, "My love what are yo-" You cut him off.

"Muzan, why have you forbid me from eating sour food?!" You asked, Kokushibo and Douma who were in the room looked at each other and soon looked away from the two of you. 'I told him he shouldn't do it but he didn't listen.' Douma thought. 'I do not see.' Kokushibo thought and closed his eyes. 

"Well.. It might affect you." He simply replied, you let out an offended gasp, "I just want to eat pineapple but I'm not allowed to do that...?!" you spoke out, offended. "I'm doing it to prote-" You cut him off with tears rolling down your cheek, his eyes widen. "I'm pregnant, not a person with allergies over sour things, I'm also not an unjured person so stop treating me delicately...!" You sobbed and soon walked away. 

Daki glanced at Muzan, giving him a look of 'I told you so'. He quickly got up from his seat to follow you but you stopped him, "Don't follow me or you'll sleep on the couch tonight!" You spoke out, he froze. Both of you soon left. 

"Pfft..." Douma spoke out, trying to hold back his laughter. Muzan only glared at him. "Do you have a death wish Douma?" he asked, "Oh come on, don't be so harsh Duke." Douma replied, not giving a care with his threat. "Tsk..." Muzan replied. 

-Meanwhile- 

"Duchess Kibutsuji is confirmed to be pregnant..." Tanjirou read at the news paper, he let out a weak smile, "I'm happy for them..." He mumbled. Soon, a butterfly flew to his shoulder, he smiled at it. "Oh hello there." He spoke out, but then, the door of his store opened. He turned to see who is was, it was a young woman with dark puple eyes and black hair, she also had butterfly like accessories. 

The butterfly on Tanjirou's shoulder soon flew away, "Oh! Welcome." Tanjirou spoke out and smiled at the woman, 'She seems like a noble...' He thought. The young woman looked around, and soon a red daylily caught her eye, "How much are those flowers?" She asked. "Those? About two bronze coins every 7 piece." Tanjirou replied. "I'll take 20 pieces." the woman replied. 

Tanjirou nodded and soon grabbed 20 pieces and gave it to the young woman. She handed him a gold coin, Tanjirou's eyes widen, "W-Wait I'll give you your-" She cut him off, "You can keep the change." she replied and soon started walking away, but Tanjirou stopped her. 

"Wait! What's your name?" He asked, the young woman turned to him, "Kanao." she replied and soon left.