Chapter 29: A child?

You took a sip of your tea, you were in the garden. You were also inside the Gazebo, peacefully eating your delicious meal of pickles and ice cream, also pineapple sandwich with jam. "This tastes heavenly!" You commented while Daki only slowly nodded her head.

"Oh, Duchess, the doctor has arrived." Daki commented, you were three months pregnant and you would get checkups from the doctor every week. Daki recommended for it to be every two weeks but it didn't change Muzan's mind. You were alright with it, the doctor was a fine companion. 

"Good evening Duchess." the doctor spoke out, "Good evening Dr.Leoness." you replied, she gave you a small smile and soon sat next to you. She then checked your pulse and gave you a bright smile, "Both you and your baby are fine and healthy, did you have any new symptoms?" The doctor asked. 

"Well... Nothing had changed much besides the fact that my back is hurting a little... There's also an increase in my appetite." you giggled, "I'm glad to hear that nothing's changed." the doctor replied. 

-Time Skip-

You let out a small gasp, "This towel looks adorable..." You commented. You were about to shop for clothes since your baby bump was growing bigger, but you got side tracked and went inside a towel and handkerchief store as an adorable towel caught your eye. "I can buy this for my baby, its a neutral color so it won't matter if my baby is a boy or a girl..." you mumbled, "You should buy it Duchess." Daki suggested. 

A worker soon approached you. "That's 100% cotton Duchess." He informs you, "Oh really? Hmm... Well how about you Akaza? Are you planning on buying anything?" You asked. Everytime you go out to town, Muzan always want his most trusted knight to be next to you since he's always busy and nobles always cling to him for business, he rarely joins you but he tries to make time to join you. 

"There are none Duchess." He simply replied, "Really? You haven't looked around you know. How about for your wife?" You asked, "My wife..?" He lets out a small chuckle, while showing a pained expression. 'Oh... Is there something I don't know...?' You thought and quickly looked around to change the subject. A handkerchief soon caught your eye. 

"How about this handerchief?" You ask him as you show him a pink handkerchief with a cyan color at the bottom, it had white polkadots at the pink side and had snowflake designs at the cyan side. That pattern... That color... It reminded Akaza of... "That's perfect Duchess." he spoke out. 

"Great, I'll also pay for that." You told the worker, the worker nods and soon started to put the towel and the handkerchief in packaging.

-Time Skip- 

You strolled around the garden, without Daki nor any knights or any servants. You wanted a breath of fresh air from what happened before... What happened? Well....

-Flashback-

You were peacefully eating your chicken, as you help Muzan a little with his paperwork, "You seem to be enjoying your chicken with chocolate." He commented, "Its so delicious... Do you want some?" You suggested, "You can have it all to yourself, besides you look adorable... Like a chimpmunk." you quickly stopped eating. "Are you calling me a glutton?" you ask. 

His eyes widen, "What? No-" you cut him off, "N-No its understanable since I eat quite a lot and-" You were cut off by his chuckle, "I don't mind my love, you can eat all you want, I don't mind." He says as plants a small kiss on your lips. Muzan is so patient when it came to you, but his his patience is as strong as his overprotectiveness over you now that you're pregnant. 

You quickly felt emotional, "Ugh... You so patient with me... It's really making me cry..." you replied as tears soon started rolling down your cheeks, Muzan quickly panics. 

-Flashback End-

You just wanted to be alone and explore the beautiful paradise of flowers!  You get really sensitive about the smallest things ever since your pregnancy so you wnated to get things off your mind. The mansion had a huge garden. You were also looking for a nice place to sit down and eat the sweets and fruits inside the basket you were holding. 

As you looked around, your eyes caught a spider, you weren't scared of spiders but you found this one adorable. It was called a jumping spider, and no it wasn't doing the verb. You soon held out your hand to touch it but then... "Stop!" A voice yelled out, you raised an eyebrow to look around and saw a child... A boy to be exact. "Don't touch him! I found him first!" The child says. 

"Found what first?" You asked, "The spider." he replied, "Really? Then you can have it... But what is a child like you doing here?" You asked. "I begged a gardener to let me work here." He replied bluntly, you let out a laugh, "Who are you anyway??" He asks. "I'm the Duchess." you replied, his eyes widen and quickly bows, "Um... I-I apologize for speaking to you informally-" you cut him off. 

"There's no need for such formalities, would you like to join me by eating these sweets?" You suggested.