Chapter 30: Peace.

He stared at you, unsure whether to follow you or not. You raised an eyebrow, "What? Are you busy?" you asked, his shook his head. "Then come join me, you seem to know alot about the garden, are there any beautiful hidden places here?" You asked. "Theres.... None." he replied, he hesitated. It seemed like he was about to say yes but stopped himself. 

You nodded, "Alright then, lets look for one." you suggested as he followed you. You notice that the child was just observing you, you didn't mind that he was wary of you. You understood why he would be wary of you, you're a stranger to him. As both of you walk around to find a nice place, the child soon noticed that you looked like you were in pain. Your back was aching a little, the child you held the basket, you turned to him and raised an eyebrow. "let me hold it for you." he suggested, you slowly let the basket go and gave it to him. 

You gave him a small smile, "Thank you." you replied, he had a small blush in embarrassment and just looked away without a reply. You soon found a nice place, beside a huge tree. "Lets stay here." you suggested, the child nodded and carefully placed the basket. You soon went to grab something inside the basket, a blanket. You placed the blanket on the grass and soon sat down. 

You looked at the boy who was still standing up, "You can sit down, there's no need to be so stiff." you chuckled. He slowly sat next to you, you soon open the basket and started taking out the food, including sandwiches, macaroons and sandwiches you made yourself. You soon handed him a sandwich, he stared at it before taking it. "Thank you..." He mumbled and took a bite. 

You soon grabbed the sandwich you made, He looks at you with disgust. You noticed his facial expression, "What is it?" You asked, "Why are you eating a broccoli with strawberry jam... You also made it into a sandwich." he replied. "It tastes good! I honestly didn't know my pregnancy would show me weird combinations that actually tastes good!" you let out a laugh. He let your cursed crimes slide since you're pregnant. 

"By the way, what's your name? I haven't seen you here before." you asked, "....Rui." he replied. "Something happened to my parents so he took me in... Now I work as gardener." he added. You were hesitant to reply at first but then you pat his head, "Well, have no worries Rui, we'll take care of you." you replied, he looked at you in shock. He soon avoided eye contact after getting embarrassed. "T-Thank you..." he thanked you. 

-Time Skip-

You took a sip of your tea. "Come on... Hold onto my stick..." Rui mumbled as he tries to get the spider on his stick. You were at the garden along with Rui and Daki. "Where are your table manners?" Daki hissed at Rui. Rui glared at Daki, "The Duchess doesn't mind so why should I care?" He asks. Daki glared back, "You brat-" she was cut off by Rui.

"Duchess she's bullying me!" Rui says and he runs to your side and clings to you. It had been a few days and you and Rui had grown closer, you let out a chuckle as you enjoyed the chaotic energy. "Settle down, both of you. How about you both help me eat these sweets and sandwiches?" you ask as you took your peanut butter and mayonnaise sandwich. 

Both of them glared at each other before taking some food. Soon, a servant soon walked up to you, "Duchess, There's an invatation coming from the princess." he says, You raised an eyebrow. The servant handed you the letter, you opened in to see an invitation for a party. The date of the party was 4 months from now, "An party for all females huh..." You mumbled. 

-Time Skip-

You were now 6 months pregnant. You were just next to Muzan in bed. You were minding your business as you read a novel while he reviews his paperwork. You then felt something inside your stomach, you quickly placed you hand on your stomach. "M-Muzan! Our baby! He's kicking!" You spoke out cheerfully, he quickly drops his paperwork and placed his hand on your stomach. 

His smile widens, "Our child sure is energetic." He chuckles and places a kiss on your forehead. You loved this... This atmosphere... This peaceful atmosphere... It was a shame it wouldn't last long.