Chapter 16: Humiliation.

(I forgot to add a photo asdfhakwoqs I'm dumb-)

You were confused, Why would your father give you this invitation?? Why would he personally write it?? Why would he even use his own fucking budget?!!

You were furious, you were about to throw it away but Daki noticed something on the back of the paper, "Wait,Duchess there's a note on the back." She says. You furrowed your eyebrows and looked at the back.

'This is what these snakes have been doing behind your back! Your father even specifically told us not to invite you! The letters are all hand written by him but the head maid was assigned to give out these invites, We managed to sneak out an invite for you. We're always on your side Y/n! -Marie and the Head Maid.' The note reads.

You were debating whether you should go or not. You decided to go since, why not? You're father wouldn't be able to control you, and you couldn't wait to see the look on their ugly faces. "Daki, call the dressmaker." You told her with a small smirk.

Daki lets out a small smile and nods. She already understands what you had in mind. "Oh! And Daki don't tell Muzan about the invite." Daki stops her tracks and turns to you, "Well... He needs his rest and besides they aren't worth his time. They aren't worth my time too but... I'm a little petty so why not?" You added. Daki chuckles, "I'll make sure to keep that in mind."

-Time Skip-

"Is this really what your going to wear Duchess?" The dressmaker sighs, You nodded. "It was one of my best designs and it was just going to be black..." The dressmaker lets out a sigh again.

"It's a fine dress, the design goes well with black." You spoke out. "Now that you say it Duchess... It hugs your body nicely." The dressmaker compliments you.

You looked at the dress you wore in the mirror, It was a beautiful elegant black dress. Wearing dark colors weren't your thing but this really complimented your body.

"Thank you Ms. Filomena, I'm actually liking this dress." You told the dressmaker, the dressmaker only smiles at your compliment. "But Duchess, did you request for black since the Duke is going to wear black too? Kind of like a matching outfit?" She asks.

"Well... Muzan isn't going since he's still recovering." You replied, "Oh! I apologize for asking such a question..." The dressmaker says. "Its alright, and how about that necklace I asked you?" You asked her.

She soon grabbed a medium blue box and gave it you. You took a peek at it, "This... This is perfect, Thank You." You thanked her, it was the perfect gift, for their engagement party.

-Time Skip-

You were there... You were standing infront of the huge door, one more step and you were going to meet them. You glanced at Daki who was by your side, she nodded at you. You were ready, ready to meet them again.

Without a second thought, you went inside. Everyone turned to you, their eyes widen in shock and disbelief. Many people started whispering and gossiping.

"Why is she here?" Someone whispered,

"Isn't she the one stopping Adam and Tabitha's love before she got married to the duke?" Someone says with disgust,

"She's alone... I guess it was too good to be true that the cold hearted Duke likes her." Someone gigled.

You only held you head high, not bothering to listen to any of their nonsense. You quickly walked up to the both of them, Tabitha and Adam themselves. Tabitha had a scowl on her face, and you loved that it annoyed her that you came here.

"Congratulations on your engagement! Here's a gift from me." You let out a fake smile and handed them the box the dressmaker gave you, Tabitha slowly opened it, revealing a heavy and overly ornamented necklace.

It was heavy and had too much jewels, the design was also tacky. It was basically useless and trash, just like them.

People soon started snickering, they already knew the meaning of the necklace. Tabitha grit her teeth in anger, and was about to say something. "What is going on here??" A deep male voice asks.

You turned around to see, your father... His eyes widen. "Why are you here? And wearing that dress?? Are you out of your mind?" He asks, before you could reply, Tabitha beat you to it.

"Oh uncle... I don't know why She's slandering me..." Tabitha says, "Uncle she gave us this as an engagement gift." Adam says and shows the necklace. Your father became enraged.

"How dare you Y/n!" He says, you raised an eyebrow, Daki was about to speak up but you stopped her, your gonna let them talk before you could break them down.

"To think you'd go here just to stop our love again..." Tabitha says, 'Oh wow, she sure loves gaslighting.' You thought. "Just because your husband doesn't love you, doesn't mean you have to take your anger out on us... I'm sorry Y/n... But your going to far, all we want is just to be happily married... But no... you just have to get in the way...! I know the duke doesn't love you but move on, Adam doesn't love ypu, I can't believe you pushed him to love you-" She was cut off by a familiar voice.

"Who dare slander the duchess, My wife?" And arm wrapped around your shoulder, you looked up to see him... Muzan.