Chapter 21: Rage.

You were upset. You were upset at Muzan. Everything was going great, you felt that both of you were getting closer... You felt like both of you could open up to each other, feel... A connection. But after the tea party at Nezuko's mansion, you felt like he put up another wall. You could tell that he was... Avoiding you, and it frustrates you. "What the hell is going on in that man's mind..? Did I do something that made him misunderstand or...?" You mumbled.

Daki notices you were stressed about Muzan, "Don't worry, the Duke is a busy man, perhaps he is stressed from work." She reassured you, you only let out a sigh. You didn't believe that. "Maybe..." You replied as you work on your paperwork. You slammed your hands on the table and got up, Daki turned to you, confused. "I can't focus like this... Daki, Get the carriage ready. We're going to the town." Daki nodded and soon headed out to get a carriage ready.

-Time Skip-

You were strolling around the town, looking for anything that may catch your eye, and of course you wore comfortable clothes to make sure you won't catch the eyes of thieves or bandits. "Woah... he's tall..." A kid commented, you let out a sigh. You weren't alone though, you were with one of Muzan's trusted knights, Kokushibo. How did this happen? Well...

-Flashback-

"You're not coming with me?" You asked Daki as you crossed your arms, "Yes, Kokushibo here will be the on to escort you, it is the Duke's order." Daki replied. You let out a sigh, all you wanted was to relax and stroll around town with Daki, but it looks like Muzan had other plans.

"... Well alright, Your name is Kokushibo right?" You turned to the knight, he nodded. You scanned him from head to toe, "We're only going to the twon, there's no need to wear armor. I don't want to catch attention." You told him, he nodded and soon left to change his outfit. You soon felt like you were going to regret your decision to go out.

-Flashback End-

You let out a sigh, he still caught attention because of his good looks and that shiny looking sword he had on his waist, you were fine with them just commenting and looking at him, as long as their attention don't turn to you. 

You hoped to find something interesting to buy, perhaps a book or something that'll catch your eye. Your thoughts were cut off as soon as someone bumped into you, causing them to fall. You let out a gasp and quickly held out your hand to help them. "Thank you..." The old woman mumbled, her voice sounded familiar. 

Your eyes widen, "Annette?!" You spoke out in shock, she was the head maid from the house you bought for you and Adam, the money that was used were yours. "Madam..?!" Annette spoke out, small tears rolling down her cheek as she embraces you. 

"What are you doing here? I thought I kept sending money at the mansion! What happened to the money??" You asked, "Oh Madam... It's horrible..." She sniffled, "Your father and Adam along with that bitch of his, they fired everyone at the Mansion, they hired new help. That Adam and your father told everyone that they had the authority to fire us! We couldn't do anything... None of us had any contact with you... I'm sorry..." She sobbed. 

Your blood boiled, you embraced her tightly and rubbed her back to comfort her. This, This is what they had been doing behind your back! It pissed you off! That was YOUR money! THEY had NO authority over that house! "I'll fix this Annette." You reassured her. 

"Kokushibo, get the carriage ready." You told him, he nodded and soon did what you asked. They were going to face your wrath. 

-Time Skip-

"Are you sure what we did is right?" Adam asked your father, "Do you really have to ask that Adam?" Tabitha says while crossing her arms, "Of course, She's my daughter, I own what SHE owns." Your father replied and drank his cup of Coffee. Soon, a butler came inside the room. 

"Duke, Baron, Duchess Kibutsuji is here!" The butler says with panic in his voice. Their eyes widen, "What?!" You father shouted. 

-Your POV-

As soon as I was at the front door, I opened it myself. A worker soon approached me, "I-I'm afraid you're not allowed here-" He was cut off by my glare. "Move, I'm the Duchess, who are you to tell me what to do?" The worker trembled in fear and backed away from me. 

Now, Father, Adam, Tabitha, Where are you?

I soon heard footsteps, I turned to where the sound came from, there they were. "So, Who told you three you could take what I bought with my own hardwork?" I asked and gave them a glare.