Chapter 27: Interruption.

Your eyes widen, you were... What..? You were in disbelief. You were both nervous and happy, happy that you would have a child, you wanted to give your child what you never had. You were nervous because you didn't know whether you would be a good mother or not. 

"You're pregnant for about a month now..." The doctor added, "Oh my god... I'm so happy for you Duchess... Now we know why you felt like the corset was a little too tight..." Daki sobbed, she was happy for you both. Tears soon roll down your cheek, you knew that you would get pregnant as soon as you threw the pills away. 

It was so fast, in your first try to. But you didn't mind. You touched your stomach, "Mommy and Daddy will take good care of you..." You whispered. 

-Time Skip- 

A smile never left your lips as you ate, you couldn't wait to tell him. You wanted to tell him at the perfect moment! The doors of the dining room soon opened, revealing Muzan. He raised an eyebrow, "You seem to be in a good mood." He commented and soon sat down. You let out a chuckle, "Of course, I have some good news-" You were cut off by a servant barging inside the room. 

"D-Duke! There's a problem at the capital!" The servant frantically told him, your smile slowly dropped. Muzan let out a deep sigh and got up, he was about to leave but stopped his tracks, "What was the good news you were about to tell?" He asks, "No, I'll tell you about it soon. You should take care of that first." you insisted, he slowly nodded and soon left. 

That was your first try, your second try was... "Oh my, are these sweets from Helena's bakeshop?" You asked, "Yes, from your favorite bakeshop." He says and sets the sweets down on the table. Both of you were at the garden, "Thank you." you chuckled. 

He soon sat down, "You know Muzan... I have something to tell you-" you were cut off by a servant again. "Duke! There's a disaster at the barracks!" He spoke out, you scoffed. Muzan glared at the servant, then turned to you. "What were you about to say?" he asks, "No. Nevermind. You should take care of that." you replied and frowned. 

He then got up and walked up to you, he planted a kiss on your forehead. "It'll be quick I promise." he reassured you, you didn't reply. 'I forgot he's always so busy. Why can't they give him a break or atleast let me tell him?!' You pouted, as the hormones of your pregnancy was slowly effecting your emotions. 

-Time Skip-

You scoffed as you wore the dress you were wearing for the party. It was a slightly loose and elegant  dress. "I'm sure you'd be able to tell him Duchess, you could take him to the balcony and tell him." Daki suggested as she started to fixed your dress. "I just want to atleast be given some peace and be able to tell him, but people just can't help but to interrupt us." you sighed. 

Daki let out a chuckle, "Your stomach is starting to show its growth, and you have been eating a lot, I'm sure the Duke has noticed it." she commented, "How can he notice if he's always so busy?" you crossed your arms. Daki didn't reply and only let out a laugh, as soon as she finished, both of you got out of the room. 

Today was the day of the Princess's party, you were going with Muzan. You only hoped that you would be able to tell him today.

-Time Skip- 

'What was I thinking? How can I tell him when nobles from left and right keep talking to him?!' You thought, "Your husband seems to be very busy huh?" Princess Tamayo asks, "It's neverending." You scoffed, "Besides shouldn't you be with the other knights?" you glared at Yushiro, "I'm her personal knight, I should be with her at all times." he glared back. You and Yushiro weren't in good terms, "You're like a clingy puppy." you commented. 

Tamayo only let out a small chuckle, you and Tamayo are best friends. Both of you met when you got invited to her birthday party when you were 12. Both of you conversed and quickly became friends. "But, congratulations to you both, I can't wait to be an aunt." she chuckles, "Thank you Tamayo, I just... really want to tell him." 

Tamayo raises an eyebrow, "Oh? He seems to be heading here." she says, you turned to see Muzan. He quickly wrapped an arm around your waist, "I apologize for making you wait." he spoke out, you didn't reply. "Are you tired?" he whispered. "Oh? It wasn't obvious?" You spoke out. 

Muzan was a little taken a back by your attitude. "Apologies, I'm not in a good mood." you scoffed. Today was NOT your day. The only one that can make it worse is if that Ivona bitch pop out. "Let's go, I'll call the carriage for us to head home." he whispered in your ear and soon kissed your cheek. 

"Affection will get you nowhere Muzan." You commented, you lied. It did get him somewhere, he only let out a chuckle as he knew you didn't mean that. You soon bowed to Tamayo, "I'm afraid we'll have to leave early." You apologized, "No worries Duchess." she smiled. Both of you started to walk away but then... 

"Muzan." A familiar voice spoke out, it was Ivona. 'Dear Lord, please give me patience not to snap at this bitch.' You thought, you were losing patience. Ivona examines you and tried to hold in her chuckle, "I didn't know you would choose this type of... Woman." she commented. "What? A strong woman? Why thank you." you gave her a fake smile, she gave you a fake smile too. 

Muzan tried to hold in his laughter, "But, that's not the point... Muzan, take me in as your concubine." Everybody gasped, Muzan's eyes widen while you, you were fuming with rage as you gripped on your dress. "What?" you spoke out. "You must be quite delusional." You added. 

"I'm not taking you in as my concubine Ivona. I won't take anyone in as my concubine." Muzan glared at her, "But Muzan... Have you seen this woman?? She's fat! She's gained so much weight! She's like an elephant!" Ivona laughed, "My god, I can't even bare to look at her." Muzan was about to open his mouth but you stopped him, you had absolutely enough of her bullshit. 

"THAT'S BECAUSE I'M PREGNANT YOU UNCULTURED SWINE!!" You shouted.