Chapter 14: Wake Up.

Tears started running out of your eyes,Muzan laid there on the ground,bleeding. "Dammit..." You mumbled,you rip a part of your skirt to press on his stomach to stop the bleeding. 

Your hands we're trembling,you didn't know what to do. Your mind was blank,and your tears we're started to block your vision. "GODDAMIT!! LET ME GO!!" The bandit yelled,he got apprehended by the knights who came here late, a knight only kicked him in the face to shut him up. "Lock him up." The captain ordered,the other knights nodded. 

"Get the Doctor here!" The captain added. The captain walked up to you and held your trembling hand,"Calm down Miss,Your pressing on the wound too hard." He says while lifting your hand a little bit. "I-It's all my fault... He... He was running up to me but he protected me..." More tears started streaming down your face. "Calm down,your husband only wanted to protect the love of his life." He reassured you,but you we're to caught up in your own thoughts to understand what he said. 

"Sir! Theres a person who claims to be a Doctor here!" A knight yelled,"Get him here!" The Captain yelled back. The doctor came running to Muzan,The doctor removed the cloth you used and took a look at the wound. The Captain pulled you away from Muzan so the Doctor could do what he has to do freely. 

You stood there,watching the doctor take action. You felt helpless... You couldn't do anything.

The doctor soon got out of Muzan's bedroom,

You quickly approached him,"How is he??" You asked,"He lost quiet a lot of blood,he's unconscious right now but I'm sure he'll wake up soon. Don't worry,it didn't hit any vital organs." He answered.

"Thank god..." You mumbled, "You should rest too Miss." The doctor suggests,"It's fine,umm... thank you for taking care of him." you replied,The doctor nods. "I'll visit tomorrow to check on his condition." He added and soon left,you watched him walk away.

You soon bit your lip anxiously. Daki walks up to you,"What happened wasn't your fault Madam..." You turned to her,"I-I know but... The criminal charged up to me-" You were cut off by Tanjirou.

"Your husband was just trying to help you,there's no need to feel guilty,I'm sure he'll wake up Y/n..." Tanjirou reassured you. You didn't reply, Daki sighs, "I think its time for you to rest my lady,you've been awake for days."

"I can't rest,he still isn't awake-" You were cut off by Daki,"Stressing out and staying awake for days isn't going to wake him up,you're only going to worry the people around you." Daki says,it was a harsh truth but she was right,theres nothing you could do but wait.

-Time Skip-

You laid on your bed,the bed felt larger without him by your side. You sighed and hugged the pillow beside you. You couldn't help but feel absolutely guilty. The bandit was heading straight towards you but he still chose to protect you. You felt nothing but guilt,The only thing in your mind is,why did he protect you?

'I should stop thinking and go to sleep... I still have a lot of things to do tomorrow...' You thought and soon pushed yourself to sleep.

-Time Skip-

-Muzan's POV- 

My eyes slowly open,I quickly sat up,I hissed in pain and looked at where the pain came from,it was from my stomach. 

Yeah... That's right,I protected her,I guess I lost too much blood and eventually lost consciousness. I let out a small sigh and looked at my surroundings, I was in a spare room... It seems like I'm at home and not in the hospital. 

I looked to my side to see her... Y/n... Peacefully sleeping. She was sitting in a chair but her head rested at the side of my bed... Why is she here?? Was she here the whole time I was unconscious??

Why didn't Daki tell her to sleep in our room?? Or that butler of her's?? Why would she even stay with me? Is it because of her duty as a wife or she was worried about me...? 

This injury is nothing but a scratch to me,its incomperable to the pain I felt years ago.  But this soft feeling in my chest... What is it? Is it because of her?? No,It's probably from the blood loss. The door soon swung open,revealing Kokushibo,"Oh,You're awake." He says. 

"What we're all of you doing while I was unconscious? Why did you allow her to stay here??" I asked,the tone of my voice becoming a little threatening. He didn't reply,"Take her to our bedroom." He nodded,as he was about to walk in,Y/n woke up. "Muzan...?" She spoke out.