11. Clouds Of Misery

Published on:
Sat, 13 Mar.
The year 2021

Chapter 11|Clouds Of Misery

"What have you done!" Carla ran towards Mikasa, pushing her son away and holding Mikasa's broken leg. "Why did you do that!"

Mikasa's loud screaming filled the room, swirling their heads with panic as if there was a drug in the air. "Mom, she's a traitor!"

"Why did you do that!"
"She's a traitor, Mom!"
"Why Eren, why!"
Mikasa squinted her eyes, bawled as tears ran down her cheeks and Eren clenched on the hammer, "Move away, Mom!" walking closer to them.
"Why! Eren, why are you doing this!"
"Please!!! My leh-gg!"

"Mom, get out of my way!"
"Eren, stop it!"
"Get away!"

The hammer rose into the air and Mikasa saw it strike in her direction. She gasped as she was jerked back to reality, her eyes snapped open. She looked around, searching the dark room suspiciously and her heart was pounding hard in her chest.

The room was so dark that it would have been difficult to see the arrangement of the furniture had it not been for the moonlight shining through the window.

Mikasa shivered from the cool temperature of the room, cold sweat rolling down her body. She looked at Eren's tired body lying on his bed and rubbed her forehead against her sleeves while staring down at her leg. Would Eren ever do such thing? Would he hurt her? She remembered his words before he had put her in that fearful nightmare, If I hear you cry one more time, I'll break both your legs!

Although she knows she is physically stronger than him, but his words were so terribly frightening that her mind drifted fearfully into thoughts of its own.

Mikasa scrambled and sat down next to Eren's bed. She tugged at his sleeves. "Er-en ... Eren?"

He tore his eyes away, seeing her puffy eyes and a stuttering breath escaped her lips, "Can I sleep next to you?"

He blinked at her, was she having another nightmare? He frowned once he remembered that they don't talk and turned on his side, "No."

"I'm sorry ..." she stammered, tugging at the laces of his shirt.

His face softened for a split second before he frowned again and pushed her hand away, "Don't touch me!" Her breath stuttered as he pressed the pillow over his head, "Shushh!"

•◦•⊱✿⊰•◦•

The sun rays seeped through the window curtains over the little boy's face. Eren rubbed his knuckles against his eyes and pulled them apart to see Mikasa lying on the floor in front of him, curled up into a ball as her body shook. What the hell! She was sleeping on the floor the whole time?! Eren bent down and touched her forehead, no fever. He sighed, nudging her legs with his foot, "Oi, wake up! Move..."

Mikasa rubbed her eyes and straightened up when she saw Eren looking down at her from his bed. "Ere-" He turned away and walked out of the room into the bathroom, ignoring her.

Eren undressed and put on his school uniform, unwound the bandage from around his neck, and saw to his great astonishment that it was healed. Staring into the mirror, he blinked a few times while stroking his skin.

Mikasa.

He remembered her wounded leg from earlier. But why! Why had she healed him! His knuckles turned white from clenching onto the sink. What was she up to!

It was Mikasa's turn to use the bathroom. Eren waited until he heard the bathroom door close and hurried to her things, looking for anything that would prove to him that she was anything but good. Maybe he was looking for exchanged letters between her and the water tribe, or a weapon like the dagger he'd found in her tent, or maybe.... Eren held Mikasa's book up in the air. He flipped it open, and the strange words appeared before his eyes, once again. This had to be something. He could show it to his father when he get back from his work trip. Maybe Grisha could take care of it. But what if it was so dangerous? He could kill her, and she would drown in a pool of her own blood. Eren was putting her book back in its place when he spotted a box under her bed. "Got you, Mikasa."