44. Jaeger's Property

Published on:
Thu, 9 Dec.
The year 2021

Previously on curse of latido:

Eren found out that Mikasa was alive, and instead of a welcoming hug, he was ignored for a fortnight straight, and Eric wasn't helping at all.

Warning: Strong language and Violence. ⚠️

Chapter 44|Jaeger's Property

Mikasa jumped up from her seat, "Eren, stop! Stop!" She clutched at Eren's wrists, trying to pull them away from Eric's throat, whose face was growing redder by the second. Petra closed her arms around Mikasa's stomach and pulled her away, not wanting her to get hurt during the fight. "Petra, let go!"

"You have to stay away-"
"No! Let go!"

"Why don't you genuinely go and fuck yourself a mile away from us," Eren hissed through his teeth, his hands shaking as Eric struggled to pull them apart. A smirk stretched across his face, and he forced his crackling voice through his choked windpipe. "I'd rather fuck her, thank you-"

And then he felt the shock of a fist across his cheekbone and the pain made him wish he could have backed away, but it was too late, Eren's big hands grabbed him by the curls of his hair and dragged him across the table with glasses and plates crashing to the floor, letting gasps and shocked expressions take over the room.

He flopped to the floor, and Eren piled on top of him, smashing his knuckles into his face. The blow was followed by another and another... Until his gorgeous face was no longer pretty.

He knew perfectly well that he could smash him with one slab of earth, but then it wouldn't be interesting. A few more blows to bear, and...

Mikasa caught Eren's wrist before it punched Eric for the eleventh time. "Enough! Enough!" She yanked him away, and he staggered back, hitting his back on the table blade.

"Why don't you genuinely get the fuck off, and never come back!" She spat bitterly. Brows furrowed and fists shaking at her sides. Her piercing gaze made his heart tremble, made his breath labored and tight.

"Mikasa, he..."
"He literally could have died in your hands, just like everyone else!" She took a step forward.

Everyone else? A lump formed in his parched throat, his Adam's apple bobbed, and his once narrowed eyes now softened with hurt. "What do you mean?" he asked in a low hoarse voice, eyes blinking to fight back hot, stinging tears.

"Can't you act like a normal person for once? Why! Why can't you stop being you for one damn minute! Just for one damn minute!" She shoved against his chest.

His temper sparked. "Well, sorry, because I realized I can't be anything but myself!"

"always attacking everybody, like a bull chasing a goddamn red cape, why!" Mikasa pushed him again.

"You think bulls intentionally look for the fucking capes??"

"Because they're obsessed...!"
"Gosh! They're color-blind, for fuck's sake!" He cried, kicking a nearby chair to the floor. His voice was loud, and his growl, deep, it made her feel small, yet she never let it get into her.
"Why? Why put up a fight every time they see one, then!"

"Don't ask me why, Mikasa! How about blaming the ones holding those fucking capes!" He pointed at Eric, who was still on the floor, "they're the ones defiantly dancing in front of them like mindless clowns, and you blame the bulls?"

"Your voice." Suddenly, she remembered they weren't alone and that all eyes on them.

"God, they're just fucking bulls doing their bull-shitty business!" He cried, pacing around the small space.