32. Ghosts Of Sonne Tal

Published on:
Wed, 14 Jul.
The year 2021

Previously On Curse Of Latido:

Porco accepted Pieck's offer and slept with her. Hange and the trio made a deal and dug into the earth until they found a library. Eren got his first fever and almost blew up the library. Levi sent Petra to buy stocks of tea. She killed a whole village and came back with his favorite drink. Armin was kissed by the veiled girl.

Chapter 32|Ghosts Of Sonne Tal

Pineapple. She tasted like pineapple. Armin savored the bittersweet, citrus taste of wine on her lips. It made his mind churn, and for a brief moment, he was lost in an intoxicating world.

His heartbeats eased a little... but when he felt his stomach tighten, they started raging again. Oh, if he didn't die with a knife plunged into his chest, he would surely die with a heart attack if she didn't move away.

Everything became strangely quiet, but in his mind, it was all chaos, like the raging tides beating against the seashores of Sonne Tal.

Her lips were soft, warm... burning. One moment he wasn't sure if he should blow her away... the next moment he felt this frenzy of helplessness, this wave of heat that flooded his whole chest, he felt her lips part slightly and he let his tongue slip into her mouth.

That was it... just a moment ago, he was looking at the knife, ready to plunge it deep inside him. But he was shattered by something even softer... His tongue curiously exploring hers... Not sure what he was doing, yet, following the movements of her tongue.... like a merry sweet dance.

She pulled back, flustered by his reaction. Was it bold of him to return her kiss? Her chest heaved up and down, and her large eyes looked at him with confusion.

Armin returned her gaze, amused by what he had done a second ago. He managed to calm his rampaging chest, and took a decent breath, "you, you kissed me first." He said, defensively as if it was wrong to kiss her back... or as if blaming her for it, daring her to say a word. Yet he doesn't get why was she so surprised he returned the kiss.

But why was he kissing her back? Oh, damn he doesn't know. Maybe he was curious to know more of what he lacked in knowledge. How do people kiss? And how it felt like...

She leaned back on his lap and stared at that strange being underneath her. Did she kiss him first? She told him to close his eyes, but he refused. It's all his fault this happened. Her eyes traveled to his lips once more and then to his eyes, wondering why he didn't push her away. He might be paralyzed, but he could still bend the air with his mouth.

Armin tried to memorize the shape of her lips, gazing at it so intensely. The vivid look of surprise in her dull blue hues... had him fascinated.

Snap!!! Sticks cracked in the distance, and she jerked her gaze towards the noise, hearing the chatter of strangers approaching their path.

Shit! Here they come... she looked around for a place to hide before she ripped the map out of his pocket and climbed up the trees like some dexterous ape. Dead yellow leaves fell upon him.

Armin glanced at her as she watched him from her spot, her hands gripping the tree branch tightly.

That look in his eyes tightened her chest. A look that promised to kick her ass in the very next minute. Shit, he's gonna speak up. She glanced at the two men approaching him.