35. A Covenant Betrayal

Published on:
Fri, 6 Aug.
The year 2021

Previously On Curse Of Latido:

Connie and Sasha sneaked up to the Fire nation and got caught by Ymir. Levi walked in Erwin making out with Hange. Annie noticed Armin was stalking her everywhere she goes. Mikasa caught Eren kissing Juna at the field, and caught him again choking Historia against the wall and got caught by Eren while dragging a dead body out of the hallways.

𝚆𝚊𝚛𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐 ⚠️ 𝙼𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚎 𝙲𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚗𝚝 🔞
Not so graphically described, but feel free to skip it. (PorcoxPieck) scene.

Chapter 35|A Covenant Betrayal

For the first time in his life, Eren knew how his father felt. Knowing that his wife was a murderer and that she had killed all those people- it was a major shock.

Grisha couldn't have gambled on the lives of his comrades and all the innocent people his wife had killed. He couldn't just pick her, he couldn't. It wasn't fair to choose her.

There was real heat in the look Eren cast at Mikasa, one that gnawed at her skin. "You killed them." He said. His voice rough and stiff.

She opened her mouth, but when she saw the burning in his gaze, it shut, that all she could do was nod along...

His eyes widened...

"He saw me... waterbending, and I... I couldn't... I had no idea what I was doing... Eren, he attacked me." She stammered; if he hadn't given her that look, she wouldn't be stuttering like a five-year-old on the first day of school.

"You killed him..."

"Just him... no one else. Just him, I swear." Mikasa swallowed and a pout escaped her pale lips.

Eren watched the water floating around her intently, her arms down but tense. Why would she waterbend?! She didn't need to, she never used her bending around! Why would she, tonight?!

But she sided with Historia that day. All the letters she and Petra had exchanged... Her firm face and her outright lie. How could he forget how she lied straight to Roman's face? But when he confronted her, she burst into tears?

She always breaks into tears...

Did she manipulate him into believing something she wasn't?

"Hey!" A voice shouted and they turned around.

The man froze in place.

His gaze falling on the dead body between them. He looked at Eren's flaming grasp, then at the floating water.

Mikasa's throat went dry, her breathing shallow and fast as if she had suddenly forgotten how to breathe.

Her gaze flicked between Eren and the soldier, both of them standing as still as statues. It was as if they were waiting for the other to make the first move.

A single blink and her eyes widened at the fire coming her way. She whipped it off with her water belt, knocking the man back a few feet before fleeing down the hallways.

Tears flowed.

He'd done nothing! Eren didn't - "Catch her! Don't stand like that! Go ring the bell or something!!!" She heard someone behind her cry and felt a heat lashing at her back, at which she winced and doused it with water.

Mikasa heard a screeching sound behind her, followed by a heavy thump on the ground. She looked over her shoulder and her legs stopped when she saw the soldier on the ground with a blade in the back of his neck.