19. Swarmed Thoughts

Published on:
Sat, 24 Apr.
The year 2021

Chapter 19|Swarmed Thoughts

"I can't hear you, Ackerman." She clenched her fist again before her gaze wandered and landed just in front of his eye pupil, making it look like she was looking him in the eye, but she wasn't.

"No need sir, that's a total lie, as I was in my room the whole time."

"The whole time? Are you sure?" He grinned, his grim gaze searching her uninterested eyes, "Hannah said something else, I bet she doesn't like you that much, does she?" No, she couldn't have told him. She can't say a word, she'd be screwed, really screwed.

"Sir, I deny all the accusations that have been made against me. Though, I have nothing to say except what I have told you."

He gazed at her sternly for a few seconds,  before he smirked. "Very well, and I believe you."

•◦•⊱✿⊰•◦•

All the soldiers were given the keys to their new rooms. It was in another building, separate from the benders, and a new rule was born: anyone seen in the other building in the middle of the night would be held for investigation. But even that didn't stop Mikasa from coming up with a new plan that she and Franz had made.

Brush, soap and a bucket of water. Not part of the plan, but the three things she hated the most, knowing how much she would stink by the end of the day. Mikasa dipped the brush into the sudsy soap before scrubbing the horse's legs, and he was so energetic or maybe annoyed the whole time. Every minute Vroma moved and flicked his tail randomly in the air and she had to flick her head away really fast to avoid getting hit in the face. Turns out her horse isn't fond of bathing that much. What a smelly little animal.

A long sigh escaped her lips as she tossed the brush into the bucket and wiped her forehead with her sleeves. That was it. If only she could bend the water and get him clean real quick. Mikasa straightened up and winced when she saw Eren so suddenly, standing by the barn entrance.

"Hey." He greeted before turning around and standing next to her, placing his bucket on the muddy ground. "You did a good job." He grabbed his brush and began scrubbing the back of his horse, "even I believed you. The straight posture, the blunt look, your face, everything was so perfectly done. If you were the killer, no one would ever know." He scoffed, and there was something stiff in his voice she didn't like.

She hated the tone in which he spoke to her, accusing her of lying. Well, she had lied, but what else was she capable of in such situations? Mikasa shook off the insulting joke he had just made and decided to join in, grabbing the brush from the bucket. "Yes, and soon you'd all be lying dead in the same library. One by one, hidden between the bookcases, awakened by the ringing of bells and rushed to see who was the chosen one." She scoffed, and shot him a look, "watch out for me, I might be picky."

Eren glared at her, annoyed by how cool she's taking the joke. He knows she picked up what he was trying to tell her. He knows that she was there!

Mikasa heaved a sarcastic sigh, ignoring the burning glares he's been shooting at her, "and you'll spend the rest of your lives looking for me. You and Armin, running after me, but you won't make it, because you're never that fast." She said, giving him a hint of all the times he'd run after her whenever they had a fight.

Eren hated it when that happened because he had to look everywhere for her, in the house, in the school, in the small forests and even in the little gaps between the houses in their neighborhood. He'd search like crazy for her, terrified that he might have lost her and that she'd be taken away by some horrible people who might even hurt her in the most disgusting way.