42. Blood Thirsty 🔞

Published on:
Mon, 1 Nov.
The year 2021

Previously On Curse Of Latido:

Mikasa learned that her father was a citizen of the fireland who ran away from his father after marrying a foreigner. She also learned that Levi was a relative. The old sire of Selene village had died, and Eren and Armin pondered whether to believe the butterfly myths were true or just a coincidence. He learned of the old man's past, had his first kiss with Mikasa, but ruined everything in the name of keeping them safe. And it seemed, before he could do anything about it, he received a letter notifying him of their death.

A/N: My apologies for being this very late, I've started college and got busy with assignments and projects... Thank you for being patient with me. 8 more chapters to go! Also, feel free to read the rest of the chapter on another day.

𝚆𝚊𝚛𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐 ⚠️ 𝙼𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚎 𝙲𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚗𝚝 🔞

Chapter 42|Blood Thirsty

Eren squinted up at the ceiling, but it wasn't the ceiling he could see at the moment...

It was the beach.

He could hear the splash of the waves crashing against the white rocks. The smooth golden grit of sand burned beneath his bare feet, and the sun glinted on the top of his head, letting the hot, salty air roast his skin.

Dizziness.

Mikasa's wedding dress had swallowed a load of extra water, her arms locked around his neck and her head resting on his shoulder. She was heavy. Far too heavy, though he urged himself to keep walking; after all, it was only a few steps to their little hut.

The door opened with a creak and he set her down. Trickles of water ran down the wooden floor. Eren, I'm cold. She flinched as he tugged at the zipper down, and her dress slid to the floor.

You'll be fine. The long towel slid down over her slender body, her knee sinking into the wet floor, unable to carry her any longer... and then her whole body shivered, her fingers gripping tighter into the thick fabric.

I'm here now, yeah? Eren draped another towel over her head and began drying her soaked short hair. Everything will be all right. He murmured softly.

Their muffled voices echoed in his ears as he blinked again and everything faded away to find himself staring at the ceiling of his bedroom.

Well, not technically his bedroom. He stayed in this house after asking the owner to leave the day before.

The sheets rustled as he sat up, his gaze lingering on the tiny Mikasa doll lying on his pillow, a broken smile drew around his lips.

He held it up to his face and breathed in the lavender scent he applied to the cotton doll every single day.

"Morning, Mikasa," Eren whispered against the doll's small ear, brushing the fabric with his lips. "Another day of life without you... but look," he yanked the covers off himself and crept over to the window at the end of his bed. "I made sure their lives weren't any better." He muttered against the window pane, watching the clouds of smoke billow into the sky. The fire he had started yesterday was still burning.

For the past four years, Eren had been evacuating the cities in the Land of Fire before smashing them the next day. Some people did what he told them and peacefully left their homes by nightfall, while some others preferred to stay. Well, at least he did what he could to keep innocent people away, he promised to teach the Fire Lord a lesson along with all the soldiers who fought under his word.