A Vow Of Forever (Part 2)

Published on
Tue, 16 Aug.
The year 2022

Previously On Curse Of Latido:

After losing both Yumi and Petra, Levi vowed to kill Kenny and made a plan for a surprise attack. Eren killed Eric after the latter killed Jean. Eren blamed Armin for Jean's death. Armin decided to break the curse by breaking the stones which Eren disagreed with. Eren sent Mila and Floch out to spread rumors about the judge having stolen the stones.

Chapter 49 | A Vow of Forever
Part 2

Horrible, the countless times of false attempts to absorb the forces from the stones. After burying Petra and Jean in the lake, they settled on the shore and waited for the villagers to leave the beach and go to their beds before they could begin their hopeless experiment.

And it was unbearable for Armin to watch Hange screaming out in pain at the slightest physical contact with the earth stone, and Mikasa panting as she dropped to the ground, all tired and drained. She finally understood-when Connie said it felt like it was sucking at your soul, and the fact that she almost died if Armin hadn't knocked her away from the demonic piece of rock.

Armin couldn't accept it at first, that no one was strong enough to do the job and for the fact that this had left them no other way, and certainly no other choice, than to do the only thing to stop the war between the nations. To give up the best part of them.

"Where is Jaeger?" Armin heard Levi trailing off as he gripped the bison's reins tightly. Guiltily, he avoided eye contact with his captain and forced his attention to the sky. "He left, sir."

"Left?" Levi raised a brow, and Mikasa sat up, confused.

"I thought he was traveling with the rest of the soldiers on horses, he told me he was coming-"

"Well, he's not here now, is he, Mikasa?" Armin threw her a look that soon broke and softened as he turned around. He bared his teeth as both he and Connie locked gazes for a second. Both feeling bad for lying to their captain, and especially to Mikasa. She didn't deserve it.

But yesterday, Eren had gone completely berserk when he knew about the beach incident, and the fact that he hadn't really been invited made him a little bitter-not that he was going to let them take the forces to themselves anyway, but at worst case scenarios... Eren knew that if they failed, they would have to break the stones, and he would never let that happen.

"I'm really sorry, but nobody knows how Eren thinks, he may have changed his mind, you know him. I doubt even he doesn't know what he wants." said Armin, casting a quick glance at Mikasa and the captain.

Lies. All lies.

They had locked Eren in a mountain with some food supplies, and promised to free him when they returned. He could still hear Eren's words in his head, the pulse of his enraged eyes, the venom in his voice...

You're making a big mistake, Armin, spat Eren, trying to free himself from the stones that bound his wrists to the walls.

Armin exhaled and turned around. This is not about Mikasa. God, when will you understand that it's not about you or me or anyone else it's about putting an end to this madness.

Giving a wise speech now? You don't free us by breaking the curse. Break the stones, Armin... go ahead, break em, and you throw our fresh flesh into a jungle of merciless monsters. But then what will your plan be, huh?-when everyone is ready to throw bombs while we hide barefoot behind trees?

He was right, he didn't think this through. There was no plan. All his plans stop here, the moment they are freed from this curse and everyone goes back to living a normal life. It was just so... simple. A little break for people to just be people, for the earth to breathe and the plants to grow again.