46. The Breaking Down

Published on:
Sun, 6 Feb.
The year 2022

Previously On Curse Of Latido:

Mikasa learned that porco was only a victim to the firenation's system, just like her. Grisha was the real murder, or maybe he was just following the orders as well. Levi on the other hand finally confirmed Kenny was the judge, and the team decided to rush up the plan. And lastly, Eren decided to propose, but his timing wasn't the best of all like always.

 And lastly, Eren decided to propose, but his timing wasn't the best of all like always

Chapter 46|The Breaking Down

As much as it took Mikasa by surprise, for a second, it felt like a sin to be kissed by a man other than Eren. That everything Eric had raved about seconds before had been nothing but a huge mistake to begin with. She pushed him away, holding her breath as her eyes darted downward in shame.

Mastic. He tasted like mastic. Her lips pursed as if she was going to vomit at any moment. Swallowing, Mikasa squinted at the floor of her porch, where dark shadows of them projected. "What... what was that?"

Eric's throat went dry. Mikasa looked genuinely hurt, as if kissing her was the most heinous crime that had ever existed. He rubbed his fingers through his hair, thinking what could've possibly went wrong. "You said... yes to being my girlfriend. I... I thought we could..."

"Skip into kissing me??" Her eyes met his sternly and she took an ominous step forward, her voice becoming even deeper and lower. "What were you thinking?" She poked her finger at his forehead. "I thought you had a brain right there, but it turns out you're all dicks, no brains."

"Mikasa, it's only a kiss. A normal relationship goes like this... you're my girlfriend, remember?" Eric rambled on, panic was not his favorite thing, especially in situations like this one where he had to appease the other party. He always ended up adding more fuel on the fire than cooling it down.

"No..." her brows rose as she raised her index finger, pointing it accusingly at his face. A sarcastic smile appearing on the line of her lips, she shook her head. "No, we have not made that official. You said you wanted to try... you begged me..."

"Begged you?" A slight chuckle escaped Eric's mouth as he tossed his hair back, biting the insides of his cheeks.

It was true, he had indeed begged her to try dating him, and he figured it was the most childish act of his life, and one he now regretted.

"Yes! You begged me to try that with you, what, having memory loss already, Grandpa?? That was just a trial thing..."

"Trial..." He glanced around the small cabins bathed in warm shades. Now he doesn't wanna listen anymore.

"Trail relationship, never heard of that before? No? Well, now you have."

He found it amusing to see Mikasa fretting like that over a single kiss. But even funnier was the fact that she didn't punch him in the face, maybe she was pretending not to like the kiss? He didn't know. Girls are complicated.