45. Butterfly Shock

Published on:
Sat, 1 Jan.
The year 2022

Previously On Curse Of Latido:

All it took was an apology, causing Mikasa's anger to fade right away. Eren was finally able to hold her after all these years. But then he realized all those years he was only dragging her to his side of darkness. Maybe it's time Mikasa takes her revenge as well.

A/N: Well, well, well. Who's ready for the longest chapter? This chapter is going to have 5 scenes with 4 scene breakers. *The flower ones* you know em. Happy new year everyone! Consider this a little gift to begin 2022! There's 5 more chapters to go, woohoo!!! Bad news, I have Finals this whole January. I always have exams, I know. But I'll manage to drop a chapter here and there.

Chapter 45|Butterfly Shock

"Dad?" The knife twitched in Mikasa's grip at the little voice. She turned to look at a small girl standing in the doorway of the kitchen, shoulders hunched, lips pressed between her teeth.

And that look, Mikasa gave that same look to her father's killers, now she gets it today. She lowered the knife, but her grip remained tight around the holder, clutching it, reconsidering her decisions...

Rocks strapped around Porco's wrists.

"Mommy?" The little girl whimpered, noticing her mother twitching on the floor. Her little fingers hooked into her orange dress, her face pale and her chest heaving. Pieck herself couldn't stand the burning of her nerves any longer, so much so that her nose began to bleed.

"Kaya, wait outside the kitchen honey, will you? Daddy will be right there." Porco dropped his voice and shook his head pleadingly. "Not in front of the child, please." Tears welled up in his eyes.

"I was a child too," Mikasa whispered gruffly, as she brought the knife to his throat. "No one spared me the sight of my father burning before my eyes."

"Mikasa." Eren took a step closer.

"Please, not in front of her," Porco pleaded. "Kaya, get out, now!" He shouted, but then lowered his voice. "Please... please... please..."

"But, Daddy, what about Mommy?"
"Mommy's fine, baby," he said breathlessly, "she's fine... wait outside, Kaya." Porco turned his head to see the blood spewing from Pieck's mouth, a dark red stain spreading across the yellow marble slabs.

Everyone was hurting because of him. He glanced back at Mikasa, the blade clawing at his throat, anxiously turning his stomach into twists. He drew in a shaky breath, and proceeded to speak. "My wife... my wife has nothing to do with this, it's between you and me. Let her go, I beg you...! Let her go."

Jaws, clenched. Mikasa's grip tightened, eyes fixed on his face. He was right. The woman had nothing to do with this. "She won't attack, I promise," he said. Mikasa stared at him coldly for a few seconds before letting go, and at once, the sink burst and water gushed in Mikasa's direction.

It happened so fast that, it almost hit her, when a wall of earth slammed up and blocked it. Small stones hardened around Pieck's wrists and chained her to the floor.

She looked down at Porco, he had his eyes shut in disappointment. Of course she wouldn't listen. She's furious.

"I thought you promised?"