49. A Vow Of Forever (Part 1)

Published on
Wed, 25 May
The year 2022

Previously On Curse Of Latido:

Eren and Mikasa had finally expressed their feelings for each other, promises had been made and dreams shared. Now it was just a matter of waiting for the day to pass them by. Connie thought he caught Ymir talking to a not-so-welcome friend, he warned her and left her with her conscience. Eren almost go berserk on Gabi. He discovered Armin's plans were based only on theories, yet still trying to find out where he was keeping the 3 stones. Petra surrendered to her fate, and Jean got the chance to say goodbye.

A/N: Please, point out any repeated paragraphs, I revised this twice after moving the text from One Note, but I was too tired perhaps my eyes have missed some, point out any typos if you may.

Chapter 49 | A Vow Of Forever
(Part One)

"Thought I couldn't find you, brat? I'm afraid this hide and seek has to end now

"Thought I couldn't find you, brat? I'm afraid this hide and seek has to end now." Kenny grinned grimly as he tightened his grip on Petra's throat. She rattled.

The tunnel was pitch black except for the small light emanating from a single fire torch hanging above them. Kenny tilted his head, the shadows dancing around his feet, and smiled cruelly. "You know you had to take her place someday, yet you ran from responsibilities like a useless insect. Now where are my stones?"

"I don't... know where they are," Petra gritted, she could feel the air getting thin, and felt a panic rising in the pit of her stomach as she choked, tears welling up at the corner of her eyes.

He chuckled lowly. "Didn't think so," He sneered, then let go of her throat and she fell to the ground coughing and gasping for breath.

"Armin Arlert had the earth stone within his reach, sir. I couldn't find it," Eric said as he stepped forward to stand under the dim light of the fire torch. Eric? Petra glanced up at him in shock.

"Couldn't find it? Couldn't find it??" Kenny turned around with a rather menacing expression on his face. "You couldn't do anything you worthless pich! I sent you to get the stone from the undergrounds and what you did? You let them have it!" The anger in his voice was palpable.

Eric bowed slightly. "I apologize for failing sir, but when I git there, it was already gone."

"Gone?," Kenny scoffed, his lips curled back into an amused grin. "All you did was send a fake letter to keep the boy away for a while, but he's back isn't he? And you done nothing. I'm going to give you one last chance, both of you." The way he said that, made the hairs on the back of Petra's neck stand on end. "If you can't being those stones by tomorrow morning, then your lives depend on it."

"Yes, sir. But she'll never do a word she's told, lord. She'd grown stubborn the past four years, gained some courage... and she had her back covered," Eric said slowly before glancing over at Petra. She only cowered her head down in fear, not even daring to make eye contact with anyone.