37. The Full Moon

Published on:
Tue, 26 Aug.
The year 2021

Previously On Curse Of Latido:

Hange was interrogated, she escaped and ran into both Connie and Ymir. Armin and Jean ran away from the base along with some friends in search of Eren and Mikasa. Later they met them and also found their commander in the forest. Sasha reunited with Connie with a new friend. Levi and Petra had a make-out session in the kitchen. The blood master threatened Petra and ordered her to kill everyone before the full moon. And finally, Pieck followed Porco to the fire nation.

A/N: Okay, I wrote a song for this chapter. Not really a song, but yes... it contains Easter eggs in the lyrics that refer to the last chapter. It was made especially for the scene in Selene Village where the team arrives..

Link up there ⬆️ a YouTube video, feel free to check it out. This is how I imagined the people in the village singing it.

I'd like to mention that the song didn't came out as I imagined it to be. It was much nicer in my head, tho. Lmao. Volume up for a not so promising experience or cover your ears for better protection. XD

Chapter 37|The Full Moon

The rising sun cast a pink hue across the morning sky. Coco sank to the ground, too tired to fly, and now that his tail is resting, they would have to make their way to the Earth Kingdom on foot to target the small villages to join their mission.

With Hange being the ex-commander of the fire nation that put out a halt to the attacks of the water tribes and the earth kingdom. They were confident the villagers would take their offer into consideration.

Mikasa walked beside Eren, whistling for God knows how long. Pico had disappeared the day before Eren's night shift, and no matter how loudly she called for him, there was not a trace of him in the sky, not even a cry could be heard in the distance.

"He's a smart bird, he's bound to come, just don't get upset." Eren cradled his arm around her, his thumb stroking small circles on her shoulder. His grip was warm - or was it the weather? She couldn't tell the difference, since his body temperature was usually hot around her.

"Man, we're out of water and we're only halfway to our destination!" Connie tossed back the empty bottle, but Historia caught it. "Hey! Don't drop them! We're going to need those empty bottles!"

"Yes, luckily we have an endless source of water in our hold." Jean looked back at Mikasa and smiled warmly.

"My source of water," Eren wrapped his arm around Mikasa's waist and pulled her closer - grinning, making sure Jean saw it perfectly. "You guys go find yours."

"Our water source... Our lives depend on Mikasa, now. " Sasha took her bottle and poured the last few drops of water into her parched mouth.

"No, thank you. I ain't willing to share." Eren turned and saw Mikasa looking at him with a furrowed brow.

"And what's all that about?" She removed his hand from her waist, though she'd be glad if it stayed there forever, she can't just let him get away with everything he does and says as if he owns her.

"Come on, you haven't seen the way he looks at you." He growled, narrowing his eyes.

"So what if I liked it. It's none of your business." She walked over to Sasha and Connie before he could say anything-- the water sucked out of the air and filled everyone's bottles.

If she ever glanced at him, he'd be looking at her as if she had murdered someone... it always gets on his nerves when Jean is involved in literally everything.