34. Caught In Red

Published on:
Thu, 29 Jul.
The year 2021

Previously On Curse Of Latido:

Levi was almost killed if it hadn't been for Petra. Hange got new shoes from Levi, who later threatened to expose her. While exploring the sea, she learned Mikasa's identity and revealed her own identity the same day. They learned Latido's truth and planned to unite the nation back into one. Eren's jealousy of Mikasa's secret crush led him to masturbate in the shower while thinking about her.

Chapter 34|Caught In Red

The sky was tinted red-orange and the sun, a golden gem, peered out at the world from the horizon. Connie and Sasha climbed the hill that separated the Earth Kingdom from the Fire Nation.

The perfect place to watch the sunrise for some people, but not for Connie and Sasha. For them, it was the perfect time to explore the borders between the two nations.

Sasha held a map in one hand and a copper compass chain in the other, swinging back and forth as she walked. They had been traveling on foot since they left the borders of the Earth Kingdom. And since she was more adept at playing hide and seek, she suggested they disguise themselves as natives of the Fire Nation. Both were dressed in red suits.

"Man, it's beautiful here," Connie said, squinting at the sun that was hiding behind the reddish-white hills.

"I can't... the gravity... it is..." he heard Sasha say between breaths, "it's terribly strong." Her knees sagged on the dry rocky ground.

"Hold on a little, we just have to climb down the hill to their side of the land. It's easy." Connie bent down and handed her the water bottle. Drops of sweat rolled down his temples.

"Thank you..." she snatched the bottle and drank it down to the last drop. Connie panicked and grabbed it back, "Sasha!!! No! Don't drink it all!"

"But I'm thirsty!!!" She yelled back.
He glanced at the already empty bottle in his hand, his shoulders slumped, "fantastic! Now we'll both die of thirst if we don't get killed by the Fire Nation." He threw the bottle behind his back and watched it roll down the hill.

Then an idea popped into his head. "Hey, you want to go for a ride?" He asked.

"What?" she watched as he took off his backpack, dropped it on the ground, and sat on it. "Climb on my back," he ordered.

"Um, ... why?" She asked, doing as he said, wrapping her arms and legs around him.

"Because we're about to go off the deep end ... Now!" The ground crackled beneath them and once it slipped the bag slid down the hill with Sasha screaming at the top of her lungs, "Connieeeeeeeeh!!!!" Her voice traveled with the wind.

Her eyes widened as she saw they had only seconds left to smash against the rock that waited for them at the bottom of the hill. Her arms tightened around him, "The rock! We're going to hit the rock, Connie!!!"
"Don't worry!"

Eyes squeezed shut, nails digging into his red suit. The rock shattered into tiny pieces as it hit Connie, leaving tiny particles of red dust in the air as they rolled against the floor.

They coughed, and Sasha gasped for air, rubbing her chest. "We're alive...?" She mumbled before her giggles grew louder, "We're alive!!!" Almost a second ago, she felt her heart begin to explode.

"Yes!" Connie laughed along, glad to hear her childish laughter. His heart was beating hard in his chest, not knowing if it was because they just thrown themselves down a damn hill, or because of how beautiful she was laughing like that. He crawled over her, with a big smile on his face, "told you not to worry."