Chill Out

TW:

Jack POV
The three hours with Davey, my new boyfriend, went by quickly. So quickly I wasn't sure if the clocks were right or not. Before I knew it we were driving to the park, the place the gang had decided to meet up at.

"So do we want to tell them about us?" Davey asked at some point along the way. I shrugged.

"Sure, why not. As long as you are okay with it."

"I'm fine with that." From then on the conversation was loose, with major gaps and lots of bouncing in between topics. I recognized a few of the cars we passed in the parking lot, and figured some of the gang had already arrived. Davey and I made our way to the designated hill quickly.

"Hey! Jack and Davey are here!" Romeo called out. The others that were there cheered upon our arrival. I saw most of the gang already here, and all of them in different places and positions around the hill.

Finch, Specs, and Katherine were sitting at the picnic table while Elmer, Crutchie, and Sarah were sitting on the ground. Race, Albert, and Romeo were sitting and hanging down from the tree, and Spot hadn't gotten here yet. Davey sat down at the table while I joined the others in the tree.

"So, who is scared for auditions?" Race asked, and everyone cheered.

"Hey you two don't get to be nervous," Finch said, pointing to Albert and Crutchie.

"Yes we do! We are nervous for our dearest friends and if they are going to get the roles they want or not," Crutchie said, putting an emphasis on the 'dearest friends' part.

"You also realize that we can screw you over if you are rude or mean to us, right?" Albert said, in a slightly threatening tone.

"No, he is right." Specs said. "They are in charge of most of the play,"

"Albert, Crutchie. Have I told you both how much I love you recently?" I asked.

"Yes, you are both looking amazing today." Katherine added on. By now everyone was laughing, and pretty hard. That is when Spot decided to show up.

"What did I miss that was so funny?" He asked, sitting himself down near Crutchie.

"Everyone is now bowing down to. Crutchie and Albert because they realized that those two could mess them up in the play," Elmer explained, and Spot raised an eyebrow.

"I would focus the begging more on Albert, Crutchie would never mess somebody up like that!" He exclaimed.

"Hey I can be mean!" Crutchie said, exasperatedly. This caused the group to fall into another bout of laughing.

"Oh yeah? Name one time you have ever been mean to someone!" Sarah gasped through her chuckles.

"I have, uh..." Crutchie trailed off. "Oh wow." The emotions in Crutchie's voice sounded like he just realized how nice he was. I was now laughing so hard I almost fell off the tree. After we had all settled down Davey spoke up.

"Now that all of... that is over, Jack and I wanted to tell you all something," He said, looking over at me to continue. I blushed slightly.

"We have decided to become boyfriends." I smiled. This caused the group to erupt. Some of it was words of encouragement and happiness, others were cheers of excitement.

"When did you decide this?!" Race asked urgently.

"Just a few hours ago," Davey answered. Race's groaned and pulled out his wallet, handing Crutchie a twenty dollar bill.

"What? I bet Race that you guys wouldn't keep your relationship a secret for more than three days," Crutchie explained after realizing the amount of stares and gaping mouths directed at him.

In the rest of the time the gang spent together, we talked about random things, made many jokes, and even pulled a few pranks. Romeo managed to push Albert off the tree, but it backfired and now he was just hanging upside down. It was fun, and you could tell we all felt so relieved. After all we had been through, we finally were able to chill and just have fun without worrying about the strike or the rules or anything.

Third Person POV
Little did they know, that feeling would not last long.