Obvious Love

TW:

Crutchie POV
I opened the door with my new key and was immediately met with Rosie.

"How did it go!?" She practically yelled. I was taken aback at first.

"Uh, good. Well, it went well!" I finally managed to spit out, taking a step inside.

"What did you do? Are you an actor or a techie? Oh did you have to sing something?" She spouted off excitedly.

"Rosie stop harassing him!" John sighed, and Rosie pouted slightly.

"It's fine." I responded with a shrug. Actually it is great to have someone actually care about my day. I thought, before forcing the thought from my head. "And I am a techie, I was auditioning for the head costume techie so I had to create a costume set in five minutes." I explained to Rosie, who nodded along.

"Wow that is so cool! I was in my school's play once. We tried to do Wicked, and it did not turn out well." Rosie seemed to shudder just thinking about it.

"I'm sure it wasn't that bad," I reasoned.

"We didn't have any green make-up the opening night and the actress of Glinda lost her voice." Rosie deadpanned. My eyes widened in fear, and Rosie shot me a 'told ya so' face.

"That is awful." I muttered. Now we were in the living room, where John was sitting in his chair, Rosie was on the couch, and I was standing awkwardly. I wasn't sure where I was supposed to sit, whether there were any places that were taboo or anything.

"You can sit down Crutchie," John said, after seemingly reading my mind. I blushed slightly out of embarrassment and sat next to Rosie. We all sat in silence for a moment before Rosie suddenly perked up.

"Wait. I know what we HAVE to talk about." She practically squealed, turning to me.

"What?" I asked, quizzically.

"You have to tell me about your boyfriend! What is he like? Will I have to threaten him at any point? Can I steal him one day to make sure he is good enough for you?" Rosie continued to spit out questions, although I didn't hear many. Having a sister is fun. I thought.

"Uh, okay calm down. I will tell you about him. So you know his name is Elmer, and no I don't think you have to threaten him. He is super super sweet and kind and funny, he almost always knows when someone is hurting and always knows how to help them through it. He is a sweetheart, and apparently him and I are the 'little brothers' of our group. He has the softest hair ever and it is super fluffy, and his smile is always so bright. Like just looking at him smiling makes me smile. And then his eyes, they are just... I don't know how to explain it. They are sort-of deep and mysterious but also not. Like you can tell every emotion he is feeling from looking at his eyes, and they also make you feel super safe like he will protect you. And sure, you can steal him for a day to test his worthy-ness." I finally finished. Rosie was looking at me in awe.

"I can tell you love him," John laughed, and honestly I had forgotten he was there. "The way you describe him definitely shows."

"Yeah, and yay. Next time you see him ask if he has this Sunday off. I will have make sure he won't hurt you." Rosie got a slightly murderous look in her eyes, and I felt a genuine fear for Elmer's life.

"Will do," I noted. Rosie and I talked for about an hour before both going to our rooms. As I laid down on my bed, my face to the ceiling, I remembered mu dream. More like nightmare. I reluctantly thought. Just remembering the accident had happened made me more on edge, but basically reliving it? That was horrible. But it is okay. It was just one night, luckily, if it kept persisting I don't know what I would do. I reassured myself.

I couldn't have that nightmare more than once in a while. I would go back to a normal dream tonight, and everything would be fine. Right?