Auditions Begin

TW:

Davey POV
I woke up early, the excitement and nervousness of today causing it. Surprisingly enough, Sarah was up at the same time I was. We got ready together silently, and left the apartment. Soon, as we were in the car, we started talking.

"Agh, the auditions are today! TODAY! I am so nervous. I also don't know if they make this Monday better or worse." Sarah admitted.

"Me too, I am not sure if I will get my part!" I agreed, ignoring her final comment. Sarah was trying out for Cynthia Murphey with the song Get Down.

"Oh you totally will, I am more worried if I will get the part." Sarah said like it was obvious.

"What? Of course you will get the part!" I retorted. This sparked an argument between us, where we were trying to convince the other that they would get the part. This argument lasted all the way until we made it to school. As the two of us plopped onto the bench, the gang looked up.

"What are y'all arguing about?" Specs asked.

"Sarah doesn't think she will get the part." I explained.

"Well Davey doesn't think he will either!" Sarah argued. This created an even bigger argument, which caused everyone at the table to now try to reassure the others that they would get the part.

"Guys! Trust Albert and I that you will get the parts. We both have heard you sing and practice monologues and we have seen millions of auditions, you all will get what you want!" Crutchie yelled, effectively cutting off the argument. The conversation then flowed into one about how Finch, Race, Jack, Sarah, and Albert were going to make a 'Deer Hate Cult' and Romeo, Specs, Elmer, and I were going to make a 'Deer Love Club' as the opposition (shoutout to a gc of mine where we literally did that and I was part of the dhc ahaha).

"But deer are amazing!" Elmer yelled.

"They deserve to die!" Race countered.

"Why?!" I asked.

"Because!" Both Jack and Sarah yelled. I had no idea what Spot, Crutchie, Finch, and Katherine were talking about, but I knew it was probably something along the lines of 'Why are they talking about this?!'. Before the DLC could make a comeback, the bell rang. The gang raced to get their stuff and ran off in separate directions. I went with Elmer, Crutchie, and Jack to our math class.

"Oooo so lovey-dovey." Elmer joked, pointing to where Jack and I had started holding hands. Jack just scoffed and I rolled my eyes.

"You two are just mad you can't hold hands." I quipped. This immediately shut them up, and red began to creep up Crutchie's face.

"W-what do you mean?!" Elmer sputtered, and I laughed because that was all the evidence I needed.

"What did you do over the weekend?" I asked as we walked into the classroom, deliberately changing the subject.

"Obviously we hung out with you, then I went to Elemr's house for the night and met my new foster parents and then I hobbled around the neighborhood for a little." Crutchie explained as we sat down. Both Jack and I did a double-take and stared at him for a moment.

"You mean to tell me that you met your new foster parents and you didn't bring me along or tell me!" Jack gasped, sounding offended.

"If I did bring you you would have been majorly overprotective." Crutchie retorted.

"He isn't wrong," I muttered, which caused Jack to turn to me.

"Whose side are you on?!" I was going to answer, but the teacher saved me by starting up the class. I smirked at Jack then turned and focused on the whiteboard.

~~~Time of the Skips~~~

The last bell of the day rang and I sprung up from my chair. I started making my way to the theatre, meeting up with Finch and Romeo along the way. Because some of the actors and techies also did sports, the auditions were held an hour after school. This meant that we had an hour to chill and or mess around.

I met up with Thomas, Joan, Talyn, and Crutchie and we all talked for that hour. Soon I noticed the sports people coming in, mostly because I recognized Spot. This meant the auditions had begun.