Pre-Date Jitters

TW: Mention of murder, mention of snake venom, mention of acid

Crutchie POV
It was finally the weekend, which was both good and bad for me. It was good because my date with Elmer was tomorrow, but it was also bad because my dad's trial was the next day. I laid on my bed with a groan.

"Thinking about the trial?" Rosie asked, popping her head in.

"How is it that we haven't been siblings for more than a few weeks and yet you know me perfectly?" I asked. Rosie shrugged as an answer and walked over to where I was.

"I will take that as a yes though. I know this won't really help, but you shouldn't worry. He won't be able to hurt you or anyone you love, all of us and your friends will be supporting you, and there is too much evidence against him for him to ever get away. All they need from you is to say that he was abusing you." Rosie said.

"That actually did help a little. I guess I thought that I was going to have to do so much more," I confessed. "And that isn't the only reason I am worried."

"What is the other reason?"

"Elmer set up a date for us tomorrow. Which is awesome and all, but he said that it had to be a secret. And he asked me to promise not to hate him afterwards!" I vented.

"That is very suspicious," Rosie murmured, and I thought I caught a slight murderous look in her eyes. We talked for a little while longer, before calling it a night.

~~~Time of the Skips~~~

I woke up because of another nightmare, and decided to start my day early. I picked out a nice outfit for my date. Elmer told me that my outfit had to be comfortable to wear in the heat, so I chose a t-shirt and some khaki-length-not really khakis. I also put on a pair of tennis shoes, before heading to the kitchen.

"Hello Crutchie." I heard Sherlock say. I looked over, and he was doing some sort of experiment, as he often was.

"Hi Sherlock." I greeted, before grabbing a pop-tart. I didn't actually like them warm, which had sparked many arguments amongst the gang.

"You have a date with Elmer, huh?" He suddenly asked. I felt my face heat up slightly.

"W-what? How did you know?" I questioned.

"Deduction." He stated simply.

"Elaborate please." I said back. Sherlock whipped around to face me before smiling slightly.

"You obviously used more time to pick out your outfit than normal days, showing that something big was happening. But it wasn't so dressed up that it was very fancy, so a casual but nice get together. You are going to be in the heat and or walking around because of the short-sleeves and tennis shoes. And you have that grin on your face you always have when you are excited about seeing your boyfriend." Sherlock explained with a shrug.

"That is so cool, and I will never get used to it." I added, taking a bite. Sherlock and I chatted for a little bit, mostly me asking questions about his experiment. Apparently he was testing different snake venom reactions to blood mixed with acid. Something about a case where someone's body was partially destroyed by acid and he believed the person was killed by snake venom.

I soon said goodbye and went out of the house. Elmer was waiting outside, and I quickly hopped in his car.

"Okay, so where are we going?" I asked, eagerly.

"You will see. But again, you promise not to hate me?" He asked, for the hundredth time this week.

"I promise." As I finished the sentence he drove off. As we got closer to our destination, I felt déjà vu. I recognized some of the scenery we went by. It was only until we went down a certain dirt road, that I realized it wasn't déjà vu. I had been here before. It held both my greatest memories and my worst one.

The old dirt path that I had driven down many times, lead to one place. Quassu Equestrian Center.