Hawkeye Deserves Better

TW: Mention of rules

Davey POV
"So you decided on a video? What are you gonna add to it? More pictures or more videos?" Sarah interrogated. I sighed and looked away from the computer.

"Yes, I am doing a video. I am going to add whatever I think is the best and probably add more pictures." I said. Sarah nodded. "I would be able to get more work done if you weren't constantly interrupting me though."

"But I don't know what to write." Sarah drawled, throwing her hand dramatically over her face.

"Not my problem," I mumbled and I turned back to my computer screen. It currently displayed a video editing app. First I will need to sift through all the pictures and videos, then I will figure out the perfect order and length of it all. I listed off in my mind. A pillow hit the back of my head (most likely because of my last comment) but I ignored it.

Sarah and I fell into silence as she started writing and I started editing. I started with the group picture we had all taken at the ice rink. Memories of the even came flooding back, causing me to smile. That was such a fun experience, one I would definitely do with the gang again. Or just with Jack. I chalked that up to date ideas before focusing again.

I then added in some videos and pictures from our strike. All the flyers, the giant sit-in, the unfortunate rally. Even a picture of us on the front paper, although it only lasted for a day.

I finally moved onto pictures that showed more LGBTQIADP+ related things. Different pictures and videos of some people at pride. Pictures of Specs and Romeo and some of me and Jack. Should I put in Elmer and Crutchie? I thought, before quickly dismissing the idea. Nah, if they haven't come out about their relationship yet I don't want to force them to. I continued editing until Sarah tapped me on the shoulder.

"Hey dude, read this over." She demanded while shoving her computer in my face.

"Fine, only if you look over my video." I bargained. She nodded and I handed her my computer. I started reading over her letter, and it was actually very nice. I pointed out a few grammar and spelling errors, but the content of the letter was great.

"Wow, your video isn't half bad." Sarah commented as she snatched her computer back.

"Neither is your letter. Who knew you could actually write. Okay I'm sorry! I'M SORRY!" I yelled. After my second comment Sarah had taken to beating me with the pillow she had. I made sure my computer was in a safe place before grabbing another pillow and launching a counter-attack.

The prompted a half-an-hour long pillow fight between two high schoolers. It was awesome. We finally called it a truce after my lamp was almost broken, and Sarah made a reference to a vine.

"I miss Vine." Sarah said, solemnly.

"Me too. Vine had so many funny and iconic videos." I agreed.

"I know right! Like the-" Sarah was cut off by our mother.

"Kids! Your father and I are going to the store for a little, need anything?" She called through the house.

"Nope!"
"No!"
"Candy!" Us kids yelled at once.

"Sarah, you don't need candy." Our father yelled back. "Bye!"

"I don't NEED candy, but I WANT candy." Sarah said, emphasizing the two fully capitalized words.

"You need to eat healthier." I commented.

"Yeah yeah, whatever." Sarah shrugged. We made our way out of my room and into the kitchen, deciding to make a brunch sort of thing. It wasn't really brunch, just a snack in between breakfast and lunch. We ate our snack while re-watching Avengers.

"I feel like Hawkeye gets so much hate," Sarah growled as we watched.

"Yeah, it is so stupid! He helps out so much, and is honestly the bravest one in the Avengers. He doesn't have powers or a suit or special spy training since he was a kid. He really should get a movie, cause his backstory is really interesting." I ranted, and Sarah nodded along. Soon the movie was over and we walked back to my room to work some more.