The Date

TW:

Jack POV
I watched as slightly blurred shapes sped past us, trying to pick out small things within it.

"Any place in particular you want to go?" Davey asked. I thought for a moment before responding.

"Let's go to a consignment shop, they will have more random things." Davey chuckled at my answer before nodding. We made it to a consignment shop in no time.

"Do you want to open the letter?" Davey asked. I nodded eagerly, I was practically on the edge of my seat. I snatched the letter from Davey and ripped it open.

"'You two better be in front of a store with clothes in it.'" I started, reading it off. "'If not GET THERE BEFORE READING THIS YOU IDIOTS. If you are there, great! Today you will each be picking out a new outfit for each other. With this new outfit you will have to choose a new name and a new personality. Once you have all of that, go on a normal date somewhere. But you have to act with the new personalities and names. If you complete the date without breaking character, then I will give you both a gift. If you don't, womp womp too bad so sad. Good luck!' Wow, Sarah is quite a character."

"She is. But she has moderate ideas sometimes." Davey joked. "And, in all honesty, I am really excited for this date."

"Me too. Let's go ahead and head inside." I said, before opening the car door. We both walked inside the store and immediately started searching for an outfit for the other. I found a bunch of funny things and texted Davey to meet up again. We paid and hopped back in the car before showing each other.

"First, we have these stylish fake snake cowboy boots." Davey stated, pulling out what had to be the ugliest shoes ever. I burst out laughing and so did he, and we had to wait a few moments until he could go on. "Next, these yoga pants I found. I hope they fit. Anyways, we now have this amazing crop top. As you can see it has the Nasa logo on it, and I thought it would be cute. Finally I found these clip-on hoop earrings and I can't wait for you to wear them," Davey finished before throwing the items at me.

"My turn. I got you these amazing black velvet wedges. Three inches, so not too bad. Next, because you are the mom friend of the gang, I got you mom jeans!" This caused Davey to glare at me. "Next we have another mom friend themed item, that is a shirt that has a classic Facebook mom minion meme on it. As for the accessory, I got you a nice head-band."

"We are going to look so stupid." Davey said with a breathy laugh.

"I mean you always look stupid so that won't be most of a change." I joked, deciding I couldn't pass up the opportunity.

"Oh. Wow. So rude. Maybe I will just make you walk home, huh?" Davey retorted.

"No no no no! I take it back!" I pleaded, and he just laughed. We went back to the store and changed into our outfits. Once we got back in the car and started to drive to a ice cream place we decided to work on personalities.

"You have to be a sassy cowboy. Thats really my other guideline." Davey stated simply. I groaned and put my head in my hands.

"Fine then. You have to act like a Karen. Only to me though, I don't want you actually ruining someone's day." I quickly specified. Davey nodded gratefully.

"Good, I didn't want to hurt anyone either. Okay last piece, name. Hmmmmmmm. Oh I got it. Sally."

"Sally? Really?"

"Yes. It suits your new personality." Davey said with a shrug.

"I'll make it easy, your name will be Karen." I added. We had a few laughs before finally making it to the ice cream parlor. We put on our new personalities, and oh was it crazy. But we somehow managed to get through the date without majorly breaking character.

Once we got back in the car we were out of breath because of laughing so hard. Davey then dropped me off back at my house. Hats off to you, Sarah.