Intercom

TW: Mention of traumatic event, mention of injury

Jack POV
I was so proud of Crutchie. That speech was just so amazing. We, sadly, didn't have long to savor it, as the bell decided to ring. I walked with Elmer, Davey, and Crutchie, and we gushed about how brave he was.

"Thanks guys, but it really wasn't anything." Crutchie said with a shrug.

"That is so wrong. You realized you probably just saved us from more bullying." Elmer countered.

"Yeah and a trip to the hospi-" Crutchie suddenly clamped a hand over his mouth.

"What?" I asked, with a cold clarity. Crutchie shook his head, basically saying 'I won't tell you'.

"Crutchie, were they the reason you went to the hospital?" Davey asked. Crutchie slowly, but surely, nodded.

"Oh I'm going to kill then." I growled.

"Don't Jack! I would rather get them expelled after these rules are gone." Crutchie explained. I reluctantly agreed and we changed the subject.

"Oh, and Crutchie," Davey started as we sat down. "Why were you so smiley today?"

"Oh, well I have to explain a little first. So basically I got this leg and crutch after a horse I was riding tripped and I was thrown off, completely on accident. Anyways from then on I had had a fear of horses, but this weekend a friend of mine decided to invite me to my old riding center to see my old horse, only to see if it would help. And it did! And so I decided that I wanted to go back to riding again because I missed it a lot. This morning I got an email from the head-rider at the center that I was able to join their competition riding group!" Crutchie finished, excitement oozing from his voice.

"That is amazing Crutchie!" Davey said, and Elmer nodded in agreement.

"Who was this mystery person?" I asked.

"They shall remain un-named. But my first competition is in a few weeks, and I can send you all the details later." Crutchie added, abruptly changing the subject away from my question. The class after this announcement seemed positively dreadful, as it was so boring. The next class felt the same, but soon we were at lunch.

Spot asked again why Crutchie was so happy and he explained once more, and everyone congratulated him. Once that settled, Sarah pulled out her computer and got on a website.

"Guys, I got the notification for this in second block but look." She said, before pressing play on a video. The video started to play and I recognized all of our pieces. My drawing was used for most of the background when the newscasters were just talking, and it was amazing.

"Oh my god." Romeo breathed after the video ended.

"We are in the headlines!" Race practically shouted.

"And look! Our story has picked up so much steam," Katherine said after looking us up. The hashtag #SaveTheLGBTQIADP+PeoplesWorld, referring to our school name. It was amazing. Out groups excitement got the other tables curious and soon word was spread.

We heard many groans of disappointment and gasps of shock, but we did hear a few squeals of happiness. Thomas, Joan, and Talyn even came to our table to thank us for doing this. We went through the rest of the day easily, and people looked at us with awe.

I mean, we are basically famous. I thought with a smirk. I was in the final stretch of my last class, just writing down some notes, when the intercom turned on. After the initial weird sound that it always makes, the voice of Principal Pulitzer himself rang out.

"I would like to see the following people in my office. Jack Kelly, Davey Jacobs, Sarah Jacobs, Charlie Morris, Sean Conlon, Anthony Higgins, Albert DaSilva, Sam Unchber, Robin Meyers, Katherine Pulitzer, Elmer Kasprzak, and Juliet Konch. I would like these people to report to my office IMMEDIATELY!" Then the intercom stopped.

I looked to Specs worriedly, before getting ready to get up. We made our way down the hallway, meeting up with Spot and Finch along the way. The four of us walked into the office and sat down. The others came in quickly behind us, and all of the gang was here before Pulitzer walked in.