Ideas Anyone?!

TW: Rules Warning (recap, rules warning means homophobia, transphobia, biphobia, use of dead-names, use of improper pronouns, and use of LGBTQIADP+phobic slurrs)

Davey POV
Sitting through math class was exhausting. Hearing the dead-names of people being thrown around. The use of slurrs, usually directed at us. It was all so deteriorating. I walked out of math next to Elmer, Crutchie, and my boyfriend. I had resorted to calling Jack 'my boyfriend' in my head whenever I was in school, because I knew I could no longer say it aloud.

"Hey f@gs," A voice snarled from behind us. "Sad you can't make-out anymore?"

"Or maybe you are sad that your friends will finally be called the right names, huh?" Morris added on to his brothers statement.

"Just try to ignore them," Crutchie whispered, barely loud enough for me to hear. We kept walking down the halls, past the groups hurling slurrs and insults our way. Just ignore them. Their opinions don't matter. At one point Thomas joined our group, because his class was near ours and he was scared of walking alone. I don't know how long we can last this.

~~~Time of the Skips~~~

At lunch, our group basically ran to our table. We all huddled together against the others, and they (luckily) decided to ignore our existence for now.

"Okay, we have to do something about this." I said, once everyone had congregated.

"Yeah," Sarah agreed.

"Why don't we strike again? Or do another sit-in thing?" Romeo asked.

"It wouldn't work," Katherine stated, shaking her head. "Barely anybody would join. Most of this school is LGBTQIADP+phobic."

"W-we can do something though! Right?!" Spot asked. The table descended into a tense silence.

"I don't think so," Jack whispered hoarsely. "This may just... be how it is from now on." Some other people at the table started nodding along with him, solemn looks on their faces.

"No. We can't just give up this easily!" Crutchie burst out.

"Yeah, we didn't before why should we now?" Elmer agreed.

"I know you two are hopeful and all, but there is no bright side to this." Race hissed.

"Guys! Fighting among ourselves won't solve anything!" Specs snapped, gaining everyones attention.

"Both of you have a point. We cannot give up this easily, but we also have to be realistic." Finch added. Race and Crutchie both nodded, shooting each other an apologetic glance. We bounced ideas off each other for a few minutes, before deciding to end lunch in silence. When the bell rang, I made my way to Spanish with Spot, as always.

"I guess there is one really good thing about being the captain of football," Spot said as we walked through the swarm of people.

"And that is?" I questioned.

"You have enough respect to make sure nobody yells at you in times like these." Sure enough he was right. Nobody had even looked their way since lunch.

"Perks of being short and angry." I joked.

"I could ditch you right now you know." Spot growled, walking slightly faster.

"No no no no please I am sorry! I take it back! You are average height!" I begged. We laughed and slipped into Spanish class. Note to self: try to stick with Spot when you can. People either respect him enough or fear him enough to not bother him. I mentally noted, hoping to remember it.

I was glad we were only working on a project in Spanish, one that I had already finished, because that meant I could think. I brainstormed many ideas to try and repeal the rules, but basically all of them spelled disaster and failure.

The class ended and I walked quickly to my last one. I caught up with Thomas and Joan and walked with them to it.

"I guess we have all realized safety in numbers," Joan joked.

"Yeah, you're right." I agreed. We kept a steady flow of conversation going through the walk and through most of the class, steering away from the obviously looming topics. As I walked out of the school and to Sarah and I's car, I thought. One more day of school. Get past that and it is a three day weekend. We can plan then.